3 months ago
Product Manager-Hotel Industry Experience-21000MM4 Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Oracle is developing industry leading solutions by using latest and exciting technologies. As a Product Manager you will assist with all phases of the software development life cycle including gathering and translation of business requirements into functional design and specification, software testing and documentation for releases and enhancements. The Product Manager will bring to the position a high level of energy, willingness to adapt to change, a passion to learn new technologies while delivering excellent customer service, and the ability to serve as an expert in their specialized product and market.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of hotel industry operations and trends, conceptual and practical understanding software development life cycles. Assists in the assessment and planning of development and testing efforts required for new functions and features.
* Interact, liaise, and communicate status updates through development cycles
* Respond to feature and functionality questions from the various channels, including both internal/external customers and vendors
* May provide pre-sales support including customer presentations, meetings, high level design reviews
* May maintain and publish demonstration environments
* Stay abreast of industry issues and requirements
* Collaborates with customers to identify business opportunities
* Responsible for design, process, manufacture, test, quality, and marketing of products from conception to distribution.
* Assist with the preparation of documentation, both on assigned and generic projects, including release notes, newsletters, online help, etc.
* Assist with the preparation, organization and implementation of beta installation and conduct 1st/2nd line support during the beta process
* Travel may be required
* Other duties may be assigned
* Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one or more of the following:
* 5 years hotel experience and 3 year related software systems
* 5 years as an industry business or software analyst
* Good computer/systems background: PC platforms, Windows Operating Systems, Oracle, SQL, MS Office applications
* Interpret functional requirements into writing clear design documents that are used for development, creation of test scenarios and documentation team to publish a customer facing document
* Preferred related applications knowledge for represented product and industry (i.e. OPERA)
* MICROS product knowledge a plus
* Previous experience working within a multi-cultural global software development project a plus
* Please Note: Due to the nature of this position, employee may be subject to extensive background checks (including fingerprinting) by Oracle customers and/or vendors as a condition to conduct business on their premisesDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Work as part of a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will define product specifications and or strategy. Gather and analyze information to define product specifications and review design specifications. Communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups. Review product documentation and collateral. Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Product Development
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire