9 months ago
Product Manager/Field Engineer - Oracle Database Security-1800143B
Are you interested in joining an independent, innovative, success-driven team which delivers high value to customers in their efforts to secure data? We are expanding our EMEA field product management team supporting Oracle Database Security.
Our team enables customer success in protecting data stored within the Oracle Database. In many cases this data is the customer's most valuable asset and a breach or theft of the data would have catastrophic consequence for the organization. You will advise customers on the most effective protection techniques, demonstrate product capabilities, help match capabilities to desired security control objectives, and review implementation plans. This is not a presales or consulting position - you will be the link between product development and customer success. If you love working consultatively with customers in a hands-on environment, this is the perfect position for you!
We are looking for people with experience in deploying and managing Oracle Databases in secure, highly available environments. Prior knowledge of encryption, access control, and activity monitoring technologies is a key factor for selection. The ideal candidate will have both technical skills and be able to communicate at all levels, both internally and externally.
As part of the Product Development organization, you will:
* Work with internal and external customers to effectively sell, implement and operate Oracle Database Security options and products
* Work remotely, using tools like web or tele conferencing, instant messaging, and email to effectively diagnose problems and suggest solutions
* When necessary, travel to work with internal or external customers (projected travel is less than 25%)
* Recommend changes to existing software features, user interface, and documentation
* Research industry trends and competition to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
* Create and deliver presentations, both in-person and remotely
* Coordinate activity between product development and field teams including support, consulting, and sales
* Organize interdepartmental activities to promote customer success
* Oracle Database
* Oracle Advanced Security
* Oracle Key Vault
* Oracle Database Vault
* Oracle Label Security
* Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting
* Oracle Audit Vault and Database Firewall
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
* Oracle Database Administration - a strong background in database theory and practical administration is a must
* Pre-Sales, Support, or Consulting background - ability to map product capabilities to security control objectives, ability to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions
* Face-to-face and remote presentation skills - part of the position will include documenting use cases, procedures, and project results. The ability to present these to both internal and external customers will be critical
* Project Management - Recognizing potential conflicts in implementation projects, identifying resource gaps, proactively working to make customers successful
* Internal Relationships - Experience in building relationships across lines of business to promote growth and customer success
* Prefer BS or higher, but practical experience will be key
* Must be a fluent English speaker, knowledge of other EMEA languages will be useful
·Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Location: United Kingdom
Other Locations: France, Belgium, Ireland, Switzerland, Netherlands
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire