about 1 year ago
We’re looking for a passionate Product Manager to join our Energy Platform team. This is an integral role to realising our vision as we revolutionise the UK energy market.
In the Energy Platform team we look after all the behind the scenes industry processes that, while often unseen by customers, are absolutely core to delivering world class and innovative customer experiences. We look after diverse processes such as registering supply points, buying the right amount energy in the wholesale markets through to the operation of each customer’s smart meter.
We are building a next generation energy platform. Our mission is to enable OVO to grow by giving our retail brands the tools they need to make energy simple and to deliver seamless customer experiences.
OVO’s vision is to deliver clean, abundant energy for everyone. We started out as a retail energy company with a belief that we could do energy better through fairer pricing, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. As we evolved it became clear that OVO could bring even more value to its customers, transitioning to a smart services company that would develop innovations in energy technology and propositions.
We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit - we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflect this commitment.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
You’ll be the agile product manager for one of the core Energy Platform teams, working directly with a team of software engineers. Reporting to the Energy Platform Product Lead, you’ll manage and coordinate and drive the customer-focussed lean development cycle.
You will work closely with energy industry Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to uncover detailed technical requirements, and will become an SME in your own right by developing a deep understanding of the UK energy market. We are constantly looking to improve our processes and you’ll take data quality and automation to heart - providing interim support to keep existing processes running while collaborating with the Industry Operations team to revise, improve and automate them as appropriate.
You’ll partner closely with retail product managers to deliver high quality outcomes for customers, and work with the Product Lead to play an active part in shaping the evolution of our Energy Platform.
We’d love to hear from you if you...
* Have experience with lean customer-focused product development with ability to act as Product Owner - experience in a technical product role considered a bonus
* Are comfortable with the ambiguity that comes from working in a fast-paced environment, turing incomplete, inconsistent, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
* Embrace collaboration within your own team and across teams, and can remove blockers
* Have a real passion for what you do and have the desire to own, shape, and go all-in on a product
* Communicate with empathy and accuracy
* Focus on what's really important, and prioritise vital work over "nice to haves"
* Think in terms of the big picture, but deliver on the details
* Possess strong analytical skills and, working with both qualitative insights and quantitative data, are able to cut through opinions with data
* Communicate product direction and the rationale behind it clearly and honestly in order to build consensus around your decisions
* Learn enough detail to ask engineers probing questions about architecture and product alike
We believe in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all.
We set up to always find a better way and challenge the status quo: we want to be the good guys, find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly.
We understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are pretty nice too.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity; We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.