5 months ago
OVO’s Product Management community is growing and we’re looking for a Product Manager to join our team. This is a critical role in helping OVO and it’s different businesses to build and leverage cutting edge technology.
Learn more about us at ovoenergy.com/careers, and check out our Glassdoor reviews. We’re delighted we came 20th in The Sunday Times' 100 best companies to work for 2017.
Our core energy business drives OVO’s growth, but we’re exploring how to diversify and expand the range of additional revenue-generating services we can offer our customers.
As Product Manager of Devices you’ll lead a cross-functional team of software engineers and UX designers to maximise customer experience and value from smart hardware product installs. The team will form part of OVO Energy Retail and you’ll be reporting into the Head of Product.
Primarily this role will own our Smart Meter Booking journey, and work alongside marketing to maximise the uptake of Smart Meters to OVO Energy customers, as well as the experience customers have during the booking process. You’ll also help develop the support OVO’s diversification strategy while helping customers improve their Energy Efficiency by leveraging our Engineer network visits. This could be through education, the provision of additional services (such and home Energy surveys) or the installation of Smart Thermostats.
What customer problems will I be looking to solve in the Devices team?
At a core level Smart Meters remove the need for customers to have to provide regular meter readings and mean that we can bill accurately, so there is less chance of bill-shock. There is also a large opportunity to provide insights to customers using higher-frequency smart meter or smart thermostat data that could help save them money or provide meaningful automation or alerting services. This role is about making the process of getting a smart meter or smart thermostat as easy and quick as possible and working with other OVO scrum teams working on customer propositions to ensure expectations once they have a smart meter are met.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
You’ll work in London, and on a day-to-day basis you will be:
* Owning the product strategy and backlog for our smart hardware purchase and installation end-to-end customer journeys.
* Taking a lean, research led approach to improvements.
* Working very closely with developers and UX designers, to enable the creation of high quality user stories.
* Working very closely with marketing to plan communication activities that improve smart meter uptake
* Working with key commercial stakeholders to agree KPIs and approach
* Integrating and optimising smart meter sales journeys across OVO digital and offline experiences
* Working closely with our colleagues in OVO, Kaluza and Corgi on hardware procurement decisions and improvements to Engineer visit experience
* Launching and iterating on a new capability to offer Smart Thermostats to customers
* Owning, measuring and reporting on key product metrics
* Working with the Software Engineering Manager to make sure we are building technology in a sustainable and scalable way.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* Have a degree from a top tier university.
* Come from a product, consulting or startup background or can demonstrate experience of managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast paced competitive environment.
* Experience of analytics tools and using data to help prioritise your roadmap.
* Have a passion for digital, agile, software product management.
* Want to own, shape, and go all-in on a product.
* Are outcome rather than delivery-focussed
* Are passionate about what you do and are highly driven to achieve your professional & personal goals.
* Are a team player who embraces collaboration within your team and across different teams.
OVO believes in fueling human progress with clean and abundant energy for all. We were set up to challenge the status quo: to be the good ones, always find a way, and build something great. We embrace simplicity, transparency, and treating people and our planet fairly. And we understand that attracting and keeping the best talent is key to our bright future, so our people will always share in our success. Our benefits are nice too.
We celebrate diversity and value equal opportunity: the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build a team which represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we decide employment on the basis of merit and potential.
So send us your resume. Ask lots of questions.