5 months ago
Tell me about OVO…
OVO’s vision is to deliver clean, abundant energy for everyone. We started out as a retail energy company with a belief that we could do energy better through fairer pricing, simplicity and unrivalled customer service. As we evolved it became clear that OVO could bring even more value to its customers, transitioning to a smart services company that would develop innovations in energy technology and propositions.
In the last two years we have made several acquisitions which enable us to offer grid balancing services, smart electric heat, vehicle to grid charging and exciting propositions for electric vehicles, in-home insurance and distributed storage systems.
All of this allows us to bring cheap, low carbon energy to our customers to power their lives, support the integration of more renewables onto the grid, and help balance the grid during peak times.
We are not a company driven simply by short term returns and profit, we believe in our responsibility to society and to the environment, and are determined that our business strategy and company behaviour reflects this commitment.
Right, I’m convinced… but where in the world of Ovo will I be working?
You will be joining the Apollo Customer Experience team, based in our Notting Hill office. As Product Manager for this team, you’ll be focused on developing innovative and simple solutions that help customers feel more in control of their energy.
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
* Be accountable for the in-life customer experience for OVO Energy’s customers, both digital and offline, as well as the business and operational processes that underpin them
* Improve the ease of key customer journeys, enable customers to complete a wider range of tasks themselves without having to call us, and improve “unhappy path” customer journeys
* Address customer-impacting production issues and keep some of our key legacy services stabilised
* Fulfil the responsibilities of the Product Owner scrum role in a cross-functional team
* Use a data-driven approach to decision making, utilising validated customer feedback and insights as well as business metrics to find opportunities for improvement
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
* Have a degree from a top tier university
* Can demonstrate experience of managing multiple projects and stakeholders in a fast-paced competitive environment
* Have a wide-ranging sphere of influence - you have many strong cross functional relationships outside Product and Tech and can “bring the company with you”
* Understand who your customers are and what problems they are trying to solve
* Be the expert for your domain - no-one knows more about how your product works
* Are passionate about what you do and are highly driven to achieve your professional & personal goals
* Are a team player who embraces collaboration within your team and across different teams