about 1 year ago
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* An annual bonus scheme which you can achieve up to 3.5% of base salary.
* Privilegecard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
* A retirement savings plan - 4%-7.5% contribution rate
* Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
* Buy As You Earn Scheme
* Save As You Earn Scheme
* Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
* Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
About The Job
The Role Product Manager Clubcard Acquisition and Retention
This role is focused around two crucial KPIs for Tesco Clubcard. The number of active customers and the basket penetration, to put it simply: how many customers do we have participating in Clubcard and how many baskets have Clubcards associated to them.
The product manager in this role will lead the various teams to generate and roll-out new concepts for Tesco Clubcard to ensure the health of these KPIs and the loyalty scheme.
* Able to source and use data to prioritise and maintain a backlog of problem statements
* Collaborate with research, UX, UI and marketing colleagues to generate, prototype, trial and evaluate new concepts from problem statements
* Working with our user experience, research and analytics teams to ensure we deliver the right solution for our customers
* Able to build and maintain backlogs for each product from scratch
* Able to define the smallest MVP to prove a hypothesis
* Matrix manage several product managers to deliver cross channel products
* Work closely with technology colleagues to design and develop new solutions
* Manage day to day relationships with technology colleagues including engineers from multiple teams
* Be able to clearly explain and negotiate requirements to technology teams
* Understand and demonstrate the features of the product to different audiences within and outside your immediate product team
* Planning and managing rollout of the product to customers across the UK, collaborating with our research, analytics and in-store teams to measure and assess its success
* This role will best suit an individual who enjoys working as part of a team, is well organised, pragmatic and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
Key Skills and Experience
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
* Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
* Has a good understanding of software development, is able to hold technical conversations and know when to challenge and ask questions.
* Have strong Problem Solving skills and can provide logical solutions to complex problems.
* Able to maintain a "well groomed" product backlog
* Demonstrate understanding of different Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban and the role & responsibilities of a Product Manager.
* Able to take new product features from idea through to delivery by collaborating with various cross-functional teams.
* Have the aptitude to learn new Product area/domain quickly.
* Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable experience required
* Using objective data and KPIs to drive value decisions consistently challenging established thinking with concise insights backed up by information
* A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the aptitude to learn the domain quickly and deeply
* Using good prioritisation techniques to continuously refine a backlog
* Knowledge and experience of software development methodologies and processes especially scrum
* Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies.
* Understand User Research/ Design Thinking concepts and applied those for your product work.
* Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
About the Company
About Tesco & Clubcard
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home, out shopping, on the move, anywhere in the world. We want our customers to be inspired and whatever they are looking for, we’re finding bigger and better ways to provide it.
Our programme is underpinned by our continuous drive for the best tools to deliver our vision. We’re driving innovation and transforming our technology to become the world’s leading e-commerce business.
Clubcard effectively created the UK retail loyalty market 20 years ago and remains an integral part of the Tesco brand DNA, providing significant value to our customers and our business. Clubcard has over 15m active customers annually and significant number of new joiners per week.
The aim for Clubcard is to become the must-have loyalty programme for everyone who shops at Tesco. Through elegant product design, we want to offer our customers an easy, relevant and unique way to be rewarded for their custom.
The next 3 years are pivotal for Clubcard and for the wider loyalty landscape as a whole. It is one of the most exciting times to join the team and team members will play a part in defining and re-building the UK’s biggest loyalty programme.
We need people who share our ambition to deliver for our customers. In return we offer excitement, a great team, an excellent benefit package, and significant career development opportunities.
If that sounds exciting, then we'd love to hear from you.
The position will be based at our offices in Welwyn Garden City but will require regular travel to our Digital Innovation Centre in Farringdon, London.