20 days ago
Location: commutable to London or Bristol
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure.
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Boost is our Pay as You Go energy brand with 300,000+ loyal customers. The brand is powered by our own in-house technology stack, which includes everything from the billing engine, to agent tools, to the customer facing web and app estate.
Over the next three year arc we will transition our Boost customers to our next generation billing stack Orion. Our business side Boost teams will act as the custodians of the customer experience, driving requirements and validating the new billing stack. Our teams will also drive the strategy and development of the customer experience, and ensure that the link between our systems and agents are secure.
What will I be doing?
Primary 2021 customer focused deliveries:
* Support our Boost website (inhouse) and app estates, improving customer service and lowering cost to serve. Our app is provided through a 3rd party (Paypoint) and we have a strong history of external feature development
* Support our internal agent tooling. In 2021 we are undertaking a large programme to upgrade the Boost smart meter estate, and will need improved tooling for agents to quickly process upgrades
* Support other technical estates that support our overall agenda. Where possible we are trying to keep these requirements low to maintain a “keep the lights on” scenario and focus on the highest value outcomes
Our Migration Agenda:
* Act as the custodian of our experience and drive requirements, and validation of the new billing engine
* Build services and produces to enable the migration of Boost customers to the new billing systems, e.g. migration engine, agent tooling
* Support the strategic rethink of our approach to Boost customer experience. We expect to take our customer experience (app and web) inhouse, and this team will likely become the seed for that
Core Responsibilities in role:
* Become the expert for Boost digital topics
* Gather requirements from across the business and key stakeholders including Boost business, Orion tech teams, Regulatory, Marketing etc.
* Prioritise effort within the team, based on business needs, developing creative technical and commercial solutions
* Team management and daily delivery, sprints, agile, standups
* Own the commercial relationship with Paypoint
* Support the thinking around our Boost strategic direction and counsel our stakeholders on future shape of our technical estate and commercial thinking
* Mentor other Product Managers, and line managership of the Gentrack Product Manager. Gentrack is our current PAYG billing platform
Is this the job for me?
Why is it exciting?
* You’ll be the product owner for the digital and technical estate that supports 300k customers today, and just under 1m by the end of 2022
* You’ll have a pivotal, high-profile role responsible for shaping and driving an important part of our 2022 agenda
* You will build strong relationships across the organisation (Boost leadership, Shared Services Product, Kaluza tech and product, Operations and Customer Services), understanding their needs and creating valuable connections
* There is a significant growth arc that can evolve into a more customer experience focused or more business change focused shape
Ideally you will be/have:
* A self-starter who is well versed in Product Management methodologies, and enjoys solving complex problems - this is a good opportunity to blend your passion for product and a delivery focused approach. You will have a chance to grow your domain and bring more people into your team
* Knowledge of energy billing, especially in the Pay as You Go space is a nice to have, but not a requirement - this might be understanding biling requirements, regulatory frameworks or a perspective on the customer base - this knowledge will help you get acquainted with your space quickly, but we also have a wide network of subject matter experts to support you from the business and our tech and product teams
* Comfortable within a technically and analytically rich domain - this reflects the nature of working across both the front end customer experience and the operations domains, as well as our mission to move to a new billing stack. Your day-to-day work could involve everything from adding a new chat feature to our website, to resolving billing issues, to implementing regulatory frameworks
* Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders, and having to prioritise in an often ambiguous environment - as our core representative on the ground you will be liaising with stakeholders across Boost, Orion, Projects & Change etc at all levels, and will have to make calls about how to prioritise the incoming requests within our capacity
From us you’ll get* * An annual discretionary bonus
* 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
* 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
* 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
* And many more...
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work - flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds - our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure… we'd love to hear from you.
Learn more about working in the OVO family of companies on our careers page and Glassdoor. We’re also delighted to have received a Top Employers certificate in 2018, 2019 and 2020!