8 days ago
London, United Kingdom
Tel Aviv, Israel
Area of Interest
Engineer - Software
Cloud and Data Center, Security
What You'll Do
The Business Entity
The Cisco Security Business Group (SBG) develops best-in-class content and network security products and leads the market in firewall, intrusion prevention, remote access, and content security technologies. Cisco Umbrella Cloud Security is a secure internet gateway that provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet wherever users go. Because it's built into the foundation of the internet, Umbrella delivers complete transparency into internet activity across all locations, devices, and users.
Who You'll Work With
We're a group of engineers, technologists, designers building products that are simple to use and easy to manage. Working at Cisco on the Umbrella team means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people who are determined to disrupt the security industry with endless innovation, premier research, and outstanding products and services.
Who You Are
As a Product Manager, you enjoy thinking through what it takes to build a world-class product, you know how to communicate that to engineering, how to see it through a successful launch, communicate it to sales and generate market impact and customer adoption. You love technology, and you love the business side of it even more. You may have been an engineer before, but the engineering you do now is in business: you passionately engineer your business and your product’s growth. In this position, you will help run the cloud security business by driving the right features in the product you own, tackle interesting business projects arising from customer, channel and platform opportunities and challenges. It will be your responsibility as a PM that we agree on the right strategy for the role your product plays in the portfolio, as well as that we execute plans for your product so that it delivers on the strategy. Are you looking for the next challenge to sink your teeth into? We’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
* Become an authority in your space. Our Product Managers work directly with customers to understand the space your product is in, personas using it and buying it, and ecosystem in which it operates.
* Conduct market analysis, competitive analysis and translate it to product direction. Identify and present innovative and creative product and business solutions that help your business and deliver on our strategy.
* Validate requirements and resulting product features with customers to ensure success.
* Broker and facilitate product decisions cross-functionally.
* Be able to balance business and user needs with technical constraints - discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative approaches, and lead and encourage engineering efforts to meet targets.
* Work with the broader Product Management team to craft effective GTM strategies, work cross-functionally to have them implemented. Partner with sales and SE teams for effective introduction of product into the market.
* Maintain solid understanding of relevant technologies, contribute as a thought leader in the security industry.
* Produce case studies, white papers, presentations, and other materials to help evangelize the product.
* Minimum of 2+ years Product Management experience (graduate degree preferred)
* Domain expertise in cloud-delivered security services
* Product Management experience with one or more of the network and/or security spaces, experience and expertise in Data Loss Prevention (DLP) desired
* Technical Expertise with SaaS delivery models, understanding of cloud service performance and usage/health metrics.
* Good understanding of operational aspects of delivering large scale service experiences
* Passion for modern UX methodologies and web design practices
Other important traits:
* Excellent communication and presentation skills
* Hands-on nature with a strong interest in technology products.
* Self-starter with high levels of initiative, dedication and energy, can work independently with limited direction and who can galvanize the team to follow.
* Familiarity with the needs of medium and large enterprise IT/Sec customers and GTM to those segments.
* Experience with pricing and new product introduction
* Ability to work on multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!