about 1 year ago
Product Family Cost Manager (m/f)-TGFI-UKDY01649609
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies – built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology – conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
We are currently looking to recruit a Product Family Cost Manager (m/f) for our site in Derby
The Aventra Product Family Cost Manager will define and maintain the product costing for the Aventra product family. He/She will provide financial support and analysis to the Product Family team to help them to understand the actual cost make of the constitution parts of the platform and to define and maintain the target costing model for the Aventra product family, including the competitive positioning (benchmarking) in the market.
The costing analysis will include both the initial capital costs as well as the life cycle cost (LCC) of the product.
The Product Family Cost Manager will keep a strategic view on the cost evolution of our products, and will therefore interface with the senior levels of the organization (from Division management, senior project managers and project controllers).
- Provide benchmarking data for comparison to other products, including the “should” cost and target costing for subsystems, components, assembly and life cycle costs (including maintenance & operating costs)
- Benchmarking internally between families (up to building block level) and externally with competitors’ products, based on market information available, contracts awarded
Product cost management
- The Validation of cost estimates with project actual data and the maintenance of a cost database
- Identify the cost drivers within the Bill of Material (BOM) & all other non-recurring costs
- Propose and follow up cost improvement initiatives, including make or buy decisions, material, production and part acquisition costs
- Track the cost of train analysis for the projects in the family
- Lead the collection of the cost information to enable a full be analysis which can then be evaluated and appropriate actions taken by the Product Family team
- Leading KPI’s to be developed to support the development of the Aventra Product family
Life Cycle Cost (LCC) models
- Establish and implement the process of the planning, estimating, budgeting and controlling of the Product Family costs
- Develop a detailed life cycle cost model for the product family, (including maintenance, energy, acquisition, disposal, etc.) to support the bid and sales activity and project execution phases
- The Product Family (PF) Cost Manager is a key contributor of the PF strategy impacting directly the price of the products.
- The PF cost manager will ensure that risk reviews take place for the portfolio and will support the projects in the risk mitigation. Common risks will be identified and managed at PF level.
- The PF manager will coordinate the preparation of the PF financial reporting (preparation of the data part will be conducted by the Shared Services Operation organization) and review & action it with the PF management team.
- Product family organizational cost, Non Conformity Cost (NCC) , inventory turns, and risk exposure evolution will be reported by the PF Cost Manager
- The PF cost manager will liaise continuously with the project controllers for the projects in the product family, in order to fully understand the evolution of cost of trains, risks, opportunities and cost drivers of the platform
- The PF cost manager will track and follow closely the bid and Research & Technology (R&T) activity for the product family and will be a key contributor to the target costing and benchmarking of the bids.
Financing the Product Engine
- The product family cost manager will liaise with Taxation, local accounting teams and other group and local teams to understand what external funding is available and can be attracted to finance the product family and product development. This can take the form of tax credits, interest free loan, customer funding and prepare appropriate business cases accordingly to serve external funding demands as well internal R&T capitalisation needs
- Languages: Proficient level of English essential
- Second language knowledge is advantageous
- Finance Degree or equivalent is mandatory for this role
- Strong experience in a similar role is mandatory
- Strong work experience in a technical function with a similar scope, preferably with very good exposure to Project Management / Bid Management or Product Line Engineering is very nice to have
- Tangible experience of delivering in multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix organization is considered a plus
- Good MS Office pack skills are necessary
- Good influencing and communication skills are a must
Posting Date: 21.03.2018
Closing date: 21.04.2018
Competitive Salary Range
Number of working hours: 37
Your ideas move people.
Job: Cost Accounting
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular