4 months ago
Product Family Configuration and Variability Manager-TPRS-UKDY01627945
Bombardier Transportation is a global engineering company that’s shaping the evolution of mobility. We have a rich heritage behind us, but it’s our innovative approach that puts us at the forefront of our industry. At the heart of everything are our employees and our suppliers, with whom mobility truly begins. Bombardier Transportation is committed to developing innovative solutions to move people within and between cities across the globe.
We are currently looking to recruit a Product Family Configuration and Variability Manager at our main site in Derby, UK, to join us for our Quality & Process Improvement Team.
The Product Family Configuration and Variability Manager (Legacy) drives a consistent approach to Configuration Management across Legacy fleets and their associated service and maintenance activities.
This will include:
- Definition and maintenance of all variant configurations, at design and asset levels, in the CM tools
- Understanding and communicating potential liabilities (risks) and business opportunities during the product lifecycle resulting from CM processes
- Responsibility for CM budgets in bids
- Define and maintain development of the legacy Product Family configuration and variability models/data bases, and enable the planning and execution of Legacy Product family asset baselines.
Defining and maintaining appropriate product data management processes including:
- Acceptance / handover from new build or previous owner / maintainer
- Handover at end of contract
- Special processes, such as Damage Repair and Decommissioning / Scrappage
- IS Toolset strategy, recognizing the length of lifecycles in BT maintenance activities.
Manage the change request process across all Legacy fleets:
- Ensure process consistency
- Ensure sharing of technical risks and opportunities
- Ensure BT has transparency of design definition accuracy and its realization into the fleet(s) following an approved change.
Align Maintenance Management System processes across all Legacy fleets:
- Working with Maintenance Management System Specialist to identify and install best practise in Legacy models / databases.
- Working with OSI team around SAP for lifecycle costs of live Legacy Projects to identify and install best practise.
- Working with teams at depots around fleet reliability and the link into Legacy models / databases.
Ensure BT has transparency of built design accuracy and its reflected in all record sources to protect against liability through ignorance.
Responsible for planning and controlling changes, defects, builds and releases by identifying the work products that are likely to change, establishing relationships among them, defining mechanisms for managing different versions of work products, controlling the changes imposed, understanding and communicating an impact analysis and auditing and reporting on the changes made.
Communicate and align configuration management activities with customer project configuration management (incl. baseline harmonizing on vehicle level).
You will ideally display:
- The ability to link between Services execution/Legacy /Engineering to understand risks associated with unknown configurations on BT assets
- Knowledge of functional interdependencies appropriate to ensure safe operation and maintenance of
- UK rolling stock
- Understanding of the UK rail commercial environment (franchising, rolling stock ownership, leasing, etc.)
- Understanding of the UK railway safety case process
- Understanding of legacy rolling stock variants
- Expert knowledge in principles of Business Process Management
- Expert knowledge in concepts of Project Management
- Operating experience in international environment (Europe or overseas)
- Fluent English language skills
- Customer orientation
- Excellent communication and planning skills
- Team player
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative. You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity. Join a dynamic team, developing the software for multiple projects across the UK, Europe and the world.
We are helping to create a better world. By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.
Posting Date: 19th April 2018 Closing Date: 18th May 2018
Hours: 37 per week Competitive Salary
- Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- Configuration Management certification (e.g. CM2)
Job: Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Primary Location: GB-ENG-Derby
Employee Status: Regular