4 months ago
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
You will provide the full product life-cycle for Arm’s Research Enablement Kits, ensuring that we prioritize the right features, components, and partnerships that enable innovative research to be carried out using Arm technologies. You will work closely with academic and other research partners to fully understand their requirements and assist to translate those into executable plans for Research Enablement Kits.
Working closely with partners both inside and outside of the business to harness existing product technologies, engineering innovations and support capabilities from across the broader Arm organization, academic partners and open source or community groups to ensure that we can deliver the right combination of technology, training, and support to our academic collaborators.
With a keen commercial focus, you will secure the necessary internal commitments to deploy and maintain the enablement bundles in the field, and set up appropriate channel partnerships to enable their distribution and support. Engaging knowledge with software or IP licensing and develop a relationship with legal and commercial licensing teams to appropriately adapt commercial licenses for the academic sector, ensuring that clear business demarcation is preserved. Reporting into the Vice President, Research Collaborations, and be a member of an agile Research Enablement team consisting of a Technical Program Manager/Architect and a Delivery Program Manager. Within this team, you will expected to lead on ensuring that the product management processes are put in place and that agreed return on investment as measured by deployment usage and user upmost satisfaction metrics is met
Regular contact with our academic partners and will play a leading role in the vital communication function between Arm and universities, representing both the Research Enablement function and Arm at a corporate level.
This role is flexible in location and can be in Cambridge (UK), San Jose, (CA) or Austin, Texas. You will be expected to work with global customers and internal and Arm collaborators. This role will require a level of international travel to be successful.
What will I be accountable for?
* Full life-cycle product management including: requirements management, backlog prioritization and roadmap setting for Research Enablement Kits.
* Clear communicating across the internal and external groups and partners who are integrating and delivering the capabilities.
* Ensuring that all necessary commercial licensing and support agreements are in place with both internal and external parties, covering full life-cycle usage of the Research Enablement Kits.
* Working effectively with other product and ecosystem managers across the business and within partners to understand available technologies, lead the roadmap, influencing and aligning with partners and communicating appropriate solutions.
* Working with Marketing groups to ensure that collateral, website content and promotional materials support the product.
* Tracking usage and suggesting improvements to development deployment and support to increase penetration across the academic user base.
* Effective partner communication on plans and progress.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering, although we will consider anyone who will succeed in this role.
* Proven experience in full life-cycle product management: collect requirements, specification, marketing plans, leading channel partners support, promotion, and customer outreach.
* Use of data driven tracking methodologies that measure the effectiveness of broad-reach product deployment and drive improvements in their capability and support.
* Proven experience with the integration of multiple technology components from multiple parties and of negotiating service level dedications and setting up partnerships.
* Strong experience of collaborating with architects, engineers and partners to identify pragmatic and innovative ways to address the needs of researchers building Arm technology-based systems to support their research agendas.
* Strong experience in at least one of the following areas: Distributed or embedded systems design including software development and debugging, SoC/FPGA design including the use of modern EDA tools, systems and services are a plus.
* Ability to effective communicate to academic investigators about their challenges and how Arm can help accelerate their research.
* Familiarity with academic research environments, university organizations and funding.
* To support the above you will likely be familiar with either modern SoC Systems architecture or distributed IoT systems architecture and its associated design and embedded software/firmware development.
* Demonstration of a real passion for solving common systems integration problems on behalf of a huge global community of academic collaborators, doing so in a repeatable way which they can easily adopt.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
* Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
* Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
* Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
* Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success. Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
* Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan
* Discretionary Cash Award
* Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
* Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
* Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
* Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
* Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
* Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps