9 months ago
Product Designer - QuantumBlack Labs
* Portfolio demonstrating how you approach the product design process, your design principles and use cases that involve complex data management.
* At least five years demonstrable experience designing and delivering end to end user focused digital solutions across several industries.
* Demonstrable ability to organise and facilitate discovery workshops with stakeholders and users, translating requirements into potential features.
* Expert knowledge of design and prototype software, specifically Sketch, Zeplin and InDesign.
* Confident communicator, able to express ideas, convey complicated concepts simply and with the confidence to challenge expectations or deliverable when required.
* Ability to create and respond to briefs and meet deadlines, without compromising on quality.
* Ability to explain and defend design decisions to both designers and non-designers.
* A degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Visual communication or relevant equivalent professional background is desirable.
* Experience of front-end development, motion design and animation would be a plus.
Who You'll Work With
As a Product Designer you will be joining an established team within QuantumBlack Labs, consisting of a product manager, user experience lead, front-end engineer and content creators. You will also have the support and mentoring from the Design guild as well as the QuantumBlack Labs team.
QuantumBlack, which is part of McKinsey & Company, helps companies use data to drive decisions. We combine business experience, expertise in large-scale data analysis and visualization, and advanced software engineering know- how to deliver results. The way we deliver these engagements with clients is underpinned by a ‘protocol’, which provides teams with codified best practices and tools that can help them execute our tried and tested process.
Who you are
One of QuantumBlack’s core values is the belief that the impact of a multi-disciplinary team is always greater than the sum of its individual parts.
You are a highly collaborative individual who is capable of laying aside your own agenda, listening to and learning from colleagues, challenging thoughtfully and prioritising impact of the results. You are a design thinker and doer with sharp focus on the user, driven by creating intuitive, intelligent and meaningful products. You search for ways to improve things and work side by side with colleagues. You believe in iterative change, experimenting with new approaches, learning and improving to move forward quickly. Trust between colleagues is paramount – you are an individual who can always be trusted to work in the best interests of your colleagues and to achieve the best outcome for QuantumBlack and our clients. You are naturally enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion with others.
What You'll Do
As a Product Designer at QuantumBlack in London...
You will be joining a product team that enable the teams of colleague working for our clients, our clients and potentially the open source community to collaborate using data and analytics to solve some of the world's biggest digital, artificial intelligence and machine learning problems.
You will work closely with the users, product manager and engineering team to translate requirements into deliverable products. You will validate and iterate on these products with our users to enhance performance, streamline outputs and define new business propositions.
You will champion the users and be heavily involved in any up-front discovery of new requirements to ensure design thinking is thoughtfully applied throughout our product development process.
You will be responsible for certain deliverables of UX, UI and data visualisation assets that will need to adhere to, or add to, a growing design system and component library which, in turn, requires the final output to be production ready.
* Real-World Impact– No project is ever the same; we work across multiple sectors, providing unique learning and development opportunities internationally.
* Fusing Tech & Leadership– We work with the latest technologies and methodologies and offer first class learning programmes at all levels.
* Multidisciplinary Teamwork- Our teams include data scientists, engineers, project managers, UX and visual designers who work collaboratively to enhance performance.
* Innovative Work Culture– Creativity, insight and passion come from being balanced. We cultivate a modern work environment through an emphasis on wellness, insightful talks and training sessions.
* Striving for Diversity– With colleagues from over 40 nationalities, we recognise the benefits of working with people from all walks of life.
Our projects range from helping pharmaceutical companies bring lifesaving drugs to market quicker to optimising a Formula1 car’s performance. At QuantumBlack you have the best of both worlds; all the benefits of being part of one of the leading management consultancies globally and the autonomy to thrive in a fast growth tech culture:
* Healthcare Efficiency– We helped a healthcare provider improve their clinical trial practices by identifying congestion in diagnostic testing as a key indicator of admissions breaches.
* Environmental Impact– We designed and built the first data-driven application for a state of the art centre of excellence in urban innovation by collecting real-time data from environmental sensors across London and deploying proprietary analytics to find unexpected patterns in air pollution.
* Product Development– We worked with the CEO of an elite automotive organisation to reduce the 18-month car development timeframe by improving processes, designs and team structures.
Please submit your CV in English
Visit our Careers site to watch our video and read about our interview processes and benefits.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details
regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our
McKinsey Careers and
Diversity & Inclusion sites.
share this job
Job Skill Group - CSS Associate
Job Skill Code - SPDE - Senior Product Designer
Function - Technology
Industry - High Tech
Post to LinkedIn - Yes
Posted to LinkedIn Date - Sun Apr 21 20:00:00 GMT 2019
LinkedIn Posting City - London
LinkedIn Posting State/Province -
LinkedIn Posting Country - United Kingdom
LinkedIn Job Title - Product Designer - QuantumBlack Labs
LinkedIn Function - Information Technology;Art / Creative;Design
LinkedIn Industry - Graphic Design;Information Technology and Services;Design