9 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The candidate will be part of a product customization team that delivers bespoke and standard solutions to customer problems. The candidate’s main responsibility will be to design LED luminaires that fulfill customer requirements within tight timelines agreed by the business with the customer.
* The design of LED luminaires and components
* Understand and solve application problems
* Create quick prototypes and share concepts with clients/sales
* Manage sample build with manufacturing partners
* Participate in trial installations and incorporate lessons learnt into product design
* Work with manufacturing partners to set-up production for final product
* Manage certification and product compliance
* Create product documentation
* Own product development from start to finish
* Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, product design or similar. Or the ability to demonstrate extensive professional experience in product design.
* Experience in using 3D modeling software preferably Solidworks
* Understanding sheet metal forming, metal extrusion, welding and fastening techniques, injection molding, plastic extrusion, vacuum forming and similar manufacturing techniques
* Ability to design mechanical components / structures independently
* Good communication skills in English
* Willingness to travel as job requires
* Experience in using Solidworks FEM modules
* Lighting controls experience
Locations: Hungary, United Kingdom; Budapest, London, Manchester
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.