8 days ago
Weare looking for an enthusiastic Product Design and Validation placement student to join our team specializing in Design Engineering and Validation tasks for our Cummins Emission Solutions in Darlington.During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry andpower your potential!
In this role,you will make an impact in the following ways:
* Product Design and Validation is responsible forthe research, design, development and validation of Aftertreatment systems andcomponents. By using engineering tools to analyse problems, potential designsolutions are identified to resolve internal and external ‘customer’ issues.
* The main objective of this role is to assistwith the creation of design specifications considering; application, cost,weight, performance, product life, ease of manufacture, ease of assembly andservice requirements.
* You will be required to verify designs usinganalysis and/or functional testing, interpret results, drive decisions and assess risk.
* You will apply engineering and/or scientificskills and knowledge to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.Development of these skills will enable you to participate in and contribute todesign and safety reviews.
* You will support the investigations into Newproducts introduction and Current Product support.
* You will be expected to collaborate with otherfunctions such as Operations, Sourcing and Marketing, to ensure stakeholdersrequirements are met throughout the design and development process.
To besuccessful in this role you will need the following:
* We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master's degree from across all Engineering, Project Management & STEM related subjects and the degree programme mustinclude a 12-month industry placement.
* Has clear thought processes and can show alogical approach to tasks, challenges, hobbies etc.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
EVERY EMPLOYEE, EVERY COMMUNITY
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.
Primary Location United Kingdom-England-Darlington-UK, Darlington, Cummins Emissions Solutions Ltd
Job Type Internship
Recruitment Job Type Student - Internship
Job Posting Nov 10, 2020, 1:11:23 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Req ID: 200002V6