26 days ago
EDF Renewables. Building a sustainable future through wind power and other renewable technologies, in partnership with local communities.
Procurement Specialist, Flexible location, Competitive Salary & Benefits.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Specialist to join EDF R, supporting the development and construction of renewable assets in the UK, with a particular focus on solar projects. The role location is flexible and can be based at any of our three main offices in London, Durham and Edinburgh or alternatively on a remote working basis.
The Procurement Specialist will be a member of the procurement function within the Central Technical Office of EDF Rand will provide a procurement service in support of project development and construction activities renewable assets in the UK (predominantly solar farms), including preparing procurement strategy and plans, identification and selection of suppliers. Negotiation and award of high value contracts for goods, works and services in consultation with the wider project team in in accordance with best-value and approved procedures.
Day to day the successful candidate will:
* Initiating and implementing project procurement plans, including obtaining buy-in from key internal stakeholders
* Assessing procurement risks (political, environment, technical, economic and legal) and developing appropriate procurement strategies
* Leading procurement of goods and services for new projects and associated activities to agreed project and commercial objectives in line with approved procedures including:
* Purchasing market research/market intelligence
* Preparation and issue of requests for quotation/invitations to tender
* Leading evaluation of bids and co-ordinating inputs from the wider evaluation team (technical, legal, HSE)
* Negotiation of commercial terms with preferred suppliers
* Ensuring timely contract awards
* Providing general commercial support and advice to the business
* Liaising regularly with key suppliers
* Auditing/reviewing compliance with approved procurement procedures
* Compiling and evaluating periodic procurement KPI reports
* Identifying and promoting new procurement opportunities for the business (e.g. new entrants, innovations, cost savings etc.) in consultation with key stakeholders
* Managing procurement activities on business systems (e.g. SAP) and acting as a point of reference for business users
* Commercially administrating high value contracts post-award including payment applications/certification, variations, claims, notices etc) and preparing regular cost reports.
The successful candidate will:
* Understand the importance of zero harm to people and property as a top priority for EDF-R
* Demonstrate knowledge of internal business drivers and external marketplace within the renewables and/or construction industry
* Demonstrate knowledge of and a proven track record in managing procurement activities from identification of requirements through to contract award
* Be self-motivated and demonstrate leadership in achieving personal and corporate goals.
* Be able to build effective relationships and be a team player at all levels both within the company and with suppliers and contractors
* Demonstrate a proven ability to communicate at all levels within the business.
* Possess a strong results focus supported by relevant commercial skills and knowledge required to deliver value to the business.
* Evidence a proven ability to conduct successful commercial negotiations with suppliers.
* Be familiar with supply chain engagement and local content initiatives
* Proven ability to conduct successful commercial negotiations with suppliers.
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of procurement and contract management and a proven track record
* Knowledge of the renewables industry and in particular experience in the development and construction of solar farms,
* Experience in commercial administration of development and construction contracts and cost management.
* Knowledge of SAP ERP or similar is desirable
* A qualification in a relevant engineering, business or legal discipline would be advantageous
* Procurement Management
* Working knowledge of contract and construction law
* Team player
* Working knowledge of Health & Safety (e.g. IOSH, CDM Regulations)
* Possessing or working towards RICS of CIPS membership would be advantageous
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
Although these roles are advertised on a full-time basis as standard, flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Why EDF Renewables?
EDF Renewables is part of one of the world’s largest electricity companies and our investment and innovation in the UK is bringing down costs for consumers and bringing significant benefits for communities.
With our operational portfolio of 36 wind farms – including two offshore wind farms – and one of the largest operational battery storage units in Europe, from the Scottish Highlands to Northamptonshire, we are providing some of the much needed new affordable, low carbon electricity to the UK.
Work is well underway on the 450 MW Neart Na Gaoithe offshore wind farm project which is in the Firth of Forth and we’ve extended our Edinburgh office to accommodate around 60 new team members.
We have more than 2 GW of renewables projects in planning and development and a quarter of those are consented. We also have offices in Rainton Bridge near Durham and in London.
We know our people are our most valuable asset and we work hard to create a great place to work. This means we’re focused on creating an inclusive and fulfilling working environment, where everyone has a voice and the opportunity to thrive.