20 days ago
Requisition ID :2021-89575
Work Location :GB-Aberdeenshire-Aberdeen
Department / Discipline : Operations & Maintenance
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Technician on a permanent basis at SAGE Gas Terminal, St Fergus.
* Comply with all relevant Wood HSSE policies and procedures.
* Carry out the execution of all work activities safely and in accordance with site planning process.
* Fully utilise control of work (COW) system and safe isolation/reinstatement of Plant (SIRPS) system.
* Operate the process plant and associated equipment in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with relevant regulatory and Wood specific policies, procedures and performance standards.
* Respond to production outages/process trips/breakdowns in a timely professional manner, ensuring any outage period is minimised.
* Participate in TAR (Turnaround) and shutdown related plant/process activities including but not limited to isolating, draining, flushing, purging operations.
* Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective handovers are carried out at shift changes. Utilise electronic shift handover log process.
* Identify and propose ideas and solutions aimed at increasing efficiency in cost or time without loss or integrity and present ideas to relevant management.
* Manage apprentices, improvers, and new start personnel as applicable.
* Coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
* Personal self-development aligned to career development plan.
* Progress of training and development in line with the SAGE Competence Assurance Management System.
* Completion of mandatory and optional training as per SAGE training matrix requirements.
Skills / Qualifications
Minimum Qualifications and experience:
* Technical training to at least HNC/HND level or equivalent qualification with relevant industry experience.
* Excellent practical knowledge of process / systems plant and equipment relevant to the industry sector in own discipline area
* Experienced technician practiced within an offshore or onshore production operation environment or relevant cross transferable skillset
* Is able to demonstrate a basic understanding of Industry, SAGE and Wood standards, processes and procedures and how they are used in work execution including an awareness of relevant regulations and associated legislation.
* Effective delivery of production operations excellence including ability to demonstrate team working skills.
* Effective delivery of assigned work scopes in accordance with process, procedure and plans.
* Management of vendors in the execution of operational delivery.
* Participate in audit, technical and incident investigations as required.
Additional relevant information:
* Employment is conditional upon gaining and maintaining National Security Vetting to BPSS / SC level.
* Successful candidate should ideally reside within 30 mile radius of SAGE Gas plant.
* This position is a rotational shift pattern position comprising of 3 dayshifts, 4 nightshifts, 3 rest days, 4 dayshifts, 3 nightshifts and 18 rest days. All shifts worked are typically 12 hour rostered shifts.
* Additionally, there is a requirement to provide “on call cover” on a rotational basis.
* This role has an option to lead into training to further undertake a Control room operator (CRO) role at SAGE.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.