5 months ago
Southern Water is currently looking for a Process Technician to join the team based in Sussex. The main purpose of the role will be to undertake the day-to-day maintenance of, and repairs to, water and wastewater treatment works, sludge treatment centres and pumping stations to ensure all environmental, quality and customer service standards are met, whilst meeting H&S legislation and achieving budgetary targets.
Duties of the role:
• To undertake reactive and planned maintenance of plant and equipment on a daily basis
• To coach, train and develop staff under their supervision
• To install new plant and equipment as required
• Provide technical expertise to Internal & External contractors
• To respond to alarms and fault find to identify issues, fix these or escalate if required
• To carry out inspection and test on electrical equipment following company procedures (Electrical)
• To gain quotations for parts, equipment or from contractors for work to be carried out
• To provide self-quotations for work to be carried out, so assessment can be made against contractor prices
• To identify possible future risks and recommend changes in the course of their day-to-day work and to raise these for resolution as required
To be successful in this role you must have knowledge or experience of speciality area (electrics/mechanics/both) and heavy industry. Have completed a recognised apprenticeship in an industrial area, current Electrical Installation Regulations qualification. You need to be flexible and adaptable and willing to work as a team as the main focus will be to complete all work in a timely and safe manner. Understanding of ISO 9001 procedures and H&S policies are required. Have an understanding of pumping station operation and the waste water treatment process is essential for this role. Please note you must have a full clean driving licence as the role will include visiting sites all over East Sussex. You will also be working a 1 in 7 standby rota.
Why work for Southern Water?
Play a vital role in your community
Help to safeguard our natural resources for future generations
Receive 25 days annual leave
Working for us, you will:
- Play a vital role in your community
- Help to safeguard our natural resources for future generations
- Receive 25 days annual leave
If you are a current Southern Water employee, please confirm within your application that you have informed your Line Manager that you are applying for this role.
Southern Water is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability; complies with all relevant UK legislation.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility and current proof of address (dated within the last 3 months), if you do not meet these criteria your application will not be considered.
Please note if successful a DBS check will be carried out due to the nature of the role.