about 1 year ago
Job Title: Process Safety Engineer
Location: Shotton Works, Shotton, Flintshire – CH5 2NH
Salary Band and Range: E – Circa £35,000 per annum + 50 annualised hours
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to recruit a Process Safety Engineer into the Engineering function at our Tata Steel Color’s site in Shotton, Flintshire.
Steel has been successfully processed on the Tata Steel site at Shotton in North Wales for more than 120 years. The profitable and cash generative plant produces a wide range of world-class galvanised and pre-finished (painted) steel building systems, which supplies the construction, domestic appliance and manufactured goods markets amongst others. Shotton has developed a number of unique, technically advanced and high value products and services for customers in the UK and throughout Europe.
Working within the Engineering function, the Process Safety Engineer is required to assist with the compliance assessment of all equipment associated with manufacturing processes and services on site influenced by DSEAR, Company Process Hazard Review (PHR), and Health and Safety Regulations.
In this capacity, you will be responsible for identifying any non-compliances or areas for improvement, initiating and completing corrective actions to ensure compliance with DSEAR, undertaking PHR studies and bowtie exercises and Health and Safety Regulations. Your key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Identifying compliance needs and provide advice to other members of the project team.
* Facilitate the undertaking of Process hazard Reviews (PHR’s) and bowtie exercises.
* Specify the requirements and estimate costs for implementation of improvement activities.
* Assess hazardous areas against published standards and regulations.
* Specify and conduct risk assessments in accordance with the relevant standards.
* Ensure that project work is conducted within budget and timescale and in accordance with procedures.
* Work effectively as part of a small team of both other employees and sub-contractors.
* Monitor effectiveness of all processes and work with peers to modify procedures and implement change to improve efficiency and accuracy of work.
* Ensure Key Performance Indicators are established and reviewed to maintain compliance.
We’re looking for the successful candidate to have a degree (or equivalent) in either an electrical, mechanical, process or chemical engineering discipline. Alternatively, we will also consider candidates with an appropriate engineering background, and experience.
Along with experience in a relevant industrial or manufacturing environment, we are also looking for candidates with the following:
* An understanding of the application of DSEAR to industrial premises.
* An understanding of the Process Hazard review method of assessing process safety and the use of bowtie exercises or similar techniques.
* An understanding of interpreting engineering drawings, plot/site layout plans and piping and instrument diagrams.
You will also be expected to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the practical application of:
* Management of safety of installations in potentially flammable atmospheres across a number of manufacturing sectors.
* Hazardous area classification of dust environments.
* Legislation, including PUWER, EPS and DSEAR.
* Electricity at work regulations and management of Health and Safety Regulations.
To be successful in this role, you will also require good interpersonal skills and be able to clearly demonstrate your abilities to work under pressure in a team environment.
Tata Steel UK offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
* A market competitive salary
* 35 days holidays per annum
* Quarterly Bonus – subject to business performance
* One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
* Private medical healthcare
* Annual Pay Review
* Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
You may be also interested to know that we have an extensive list of lifestyle benefits including childcare vouchers, free onsite parking at all of our sites, an employee assistance programme as well as discounts with local and national retailers and services.
We can offer opportunities for individuals who are looking to develop their skill set within a varied manufacturing environment. Tata Steel have committed to key investments in their UK operations over the next 5 years. We are building for the future and investing heavily in our operations. We can offer support to employees who are also looking to develop their professional qualifications through an established, internal development centre.
Tata Steel is one of the world’s top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million tonnes and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We’re part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
Closing Date: 11pm Sunday 6th May 2018
Process Engineer, Safety Engineer, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering