13 days ago
South East Water
up to £36,000 depending on experience (C/Technical
Category: Process Jobs
Application closing date
up to £36,000 depending on experience (C/Technical Grade)
Do you develop robust process solutions? Do you seek ways to perfect things and raise standards? Are you a persistent and methodical person? If so, you won’t want to let this opportunity pass by…
We want to be the water company people want to be supplied by and want to work for.
As a Process Engineer, you’ll develop effective process solutions and design schemes on water treatment works to generate added value and reduce the impact of our engineering projects. This means you’ll have a degree in Chemical Engineering or relevant technical subject and 3 years industry experience. Being someone who seeks ways to prefect things, raise standards and reduces errors; you’ll provide the best engineering solutions in terms of quality, cost and sustainability.
In this role, you could be preparing process calculations, outlining designs, evaluating contractor proposals or providing technical input for commissioning schemes and optimisations on new and existing assets. So, you’re someone who listens, absorbs and digests information to evaluate situations, calculate risks and reflect on difficult situations in order to express excellent technical judgement.
You’ll work with direction from a Lead Process Engineer in partnership with other technical disciplines, project managers and stakeholders to deliver projects and influence outcomes. You’ll use your highly cooperative approach to support others, share best practice and provide practical knowledge and expertise. You realise that seeing the job through to conclusion, no matter what happens is key to your success. It’s your calm, persistent and methodical approach which allows you to deliver process solutions in the most efficient way.
South East Water’s Assets Management Plan period (AMP 7) through to 2025 contains many innovative developments above and below ground, including the development of 2 large surface reservoirs, UV schemes, complex treatment processes and water quality schemes. Therefore, you can expect this role to give exposure to a broad range of water treatment processes and engineering environments within water treatment and water supply management.
About South East Water
You may not have considered a career with South East Water before. Here’s your chance to make a difference.
We’re here to provide today’s public water service and create tomorrow’s water supply solutions, fairly and responsibly, working with others to help society and the environment to thrive.
We deliver 520 million litres of water through 9,000 miles of pipes every day. We draw water from more than 250 boreholes, 6 rivers and 6 reservoirs and we have 83 treatment works to ensure the water we supply is of the highest quality. And, we’re investing £433 million into new resources and innovations during 2020-2025.
What you’ll deliver
* You'll develop robust process solutions and designs for schemes on water treatment works that deliver value to the business
* You'll prepare process calculations and outline designs for the inclusion in contracts
* You'll evaluate contractor’s proposals and designs, dealing with technical queries
* You will undertake site trials to confirm process unit selection, chemical doses and evaluate performance
* You'll evaluate Whole Life Cost and TOTEX costings with Project Engineer
* You will provide process technical input for commissioning of schemes and optimisation of new and existing assets
* You'll share expertise with Operations staff, operational sites, Water Quality, Production, Assets and Health, Safety and Quality,
* You will determine enhancements to process elements of Engineering standards and action the changes
What you’ll bring to the role
* You'll have a Chemical Engineering degree or relevant technical subject
* You'll have 3 years relevant experience with a reputation for technical excellence
* You'll be a Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status.
* A Clean Driver’s licence is required (under 6 points).
What you can expect from us
* Flexible working options available (needing to be in our Snodland office 1-2 days per week)
* Excellent Stakeholder pension scheme, up to 10% employer contribution
* 25 days holiday entitlement, increasing to 30 days with length of service
* Cycle to work scheme
* Health cash plan
* Life assurance
* Wellbeing related benefits
Everyone needs water, South East Water welcomes everyone
We know the communities we serve are diverse. We recognise creativity comes from diversity not similarity. That’s why we are enthusiastic about creating inclusion across age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion and identity. You will experience our dedication to equal opportunities and fair treatment for all: through your recruitment, employment and career progression with South East Water.
Your Health, Safety and Wellbeing matters. We’re currently assisting colleagues to keep them safe during COVID-19. In the majority of cases, this means working from home unless your role is within a field-based team or requires a fixed location (e.g. laboratory, grounds maintenance).
In this position:
* You’ll be provided with the equipment you need to work from home.
* Any work completed in outdoor spaces will be with the provision of appropriate PPE and social distancing only when deemed necessary.
What you can expect from Recruitment
* This role is due to close 10th May 2021
* You will receive feedback on your application within 5 days of the role closing.
* You can expect first interviews to be held by Zoom
* You may be asked to complete a short suite of psychometric assessments (you’ll receive feedback too).
* You will be asked to complete satisfactory DBS, identity and employment referencing checks as part of receiving your employment offer from South East Water.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, apply now!