over 2 years ago
Requisition ID :2020-72423
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Process Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Chemical Engineer to join the Process discipline at our Pharmaceutical team in Glasgow, UK, on a permanent staff basis.
The Pharmaceutical business is growing to supply clients worldwide.
The successful candidate will be a Chemical Engineer in the process team working on projects across our Pharmaceutical business.
We are looking for engineers, with some experience that are progressing toward Chartered engineer status, or have recently achieved it. Individuals will have the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client’s requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Process team members in Studies, FEEDs and EPC Projects
* Undertake process design work of units as required, supervise and check work of assigned engineers on the project as appropriate
* Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
* Undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
* Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
* Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs
* Responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
* Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
* Perform safety related calculations and provide input to HAZOP, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
* Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
* Ensure that requirements of Client or Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
* Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
Skills / Qualifications
* Chemical Engineering Degree
* Working toward or has recently achieved Chartered Chemical Engineer status
* Experience of working on Studies, FEED and EPC projects associated with refining and petro/chemicals within the Oil & Gas sector
* Proven core Process Engineering skills, including design experience
* A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
* Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
* Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
* Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.