5 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As a Process Architect, you will be responsible for the provision of architectural services associated with process industry construction projects through all stages of the design process to include planning, concept design, detail design and implementation. Particular emphasis on the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, chemical, food and process related industries. Leading architectural design on projects.
Input to the preparation of fee proposals and bid documents, meeting and presenting to clients and visiting sites during all stages of the design process.
Leading the development of the Architectural team.
A typical week would include:
* Delivery of Architectural solutions for site master planning, feasibility studies, scheme and detail design and construction support stages
* Develop pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical building and room layouts for optimum cGMP compliance, manufacturing efficiency and operability
* Preparation, checking and approval Architectural design work on allocated projects, including drawings and specifications for all project stages
* Co-ordination of the design to ensure good interface with all other disciplines
* Revit 3D model coordination and BIM implementation
* Cost management in conjunction with Quantity Surveyors and suppliers
* Provide value engineering and constructability input for cleanrooms, cleanroom finishes and other Architectural aspects
* Estimating manhours and provide input to proposals
* Presenting to clients
* Promote technical excellence of the Architectural aspects of projects undertaken by WSP
* Provide up to date technical advice to WSP and clients on Architectural aspects and Pharmaceutical standards.
* Carry out technical audits on projects
* Contribute to the development of systems and procedures
* Contribute to the development of the department Architectural expertise
* Preparation of Planning Consent and Building Regulations submissions and liaison with regulatory authorities
* Project team, discipline engineers, designers and project managers
* Clients and suppliers in the office and at site
* Civil, Structural and Architectural Engineering Manager
* Sales and proposals teams of the company
* Planning, Building Regulations and other local authorities
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Significant experience and demonstrable proficiency in leading Architectural role
* Demonstrable experience in Architectural design to design codes and standards, good knowledge of materials, construction techniques and sustainability
* Specific industry awareness required in pharmaceutical, science and technology, chemical and food sectors
* Experience of cGMP requirements and in-depth knowledge of cleanroom construction
* Commercial awareness and experience of cost estimating
* Extensive AutoCAD and Revit experience. Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and NBS software
* Experience and good understanding of Designer and Principal Designer responsibilities under CDM Regulations
* Good interpersonal skills and able to work as part of a multi-discipline team. Versatile, reliable and resourceful.
* Competent at identifying Architectural constraints and requirements for conformance with applicable regulatory standards, policies and codes of practice
* Professional with a flexible approach to meeting the needs of our customers and to finding both the appropriate technical solution and value for money for our customers
* Ability to design solutions exceeding customer’s expectations, to deal with conflicting priorities and to offer positive solutions
* Ability to work in complex organisations in a team environment and develop relationships and rapport with external clients and internal colleagues
* Good communicator at all levels (oral & written), confident and articulate with clients and peers
* Able to work within a team and be able to maintain formal and informal client contacts
* A hard working self-starter with initiative, able to set own and project priorities
* Organised logical thinker who is open to new ideas and takes a pride in his/her work
* Willingness to travel and stay away from home at times to support construction sites
* BSc (Hons) or BA (Hons) Architecture or equivalent degree
* RIBA Part 3 and ARB Registered
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.