7 months ago
Process Analyser Engineer
Fawley, HAM, GB
Job Role Summary
We are currently recruiting for a Process Analyser Engineer to join our ExxonMobil Engineering Europe (EMEEL) team. EMEEL is the regional office for ExxonMobil Research and Engineering (EMRE) and, based from Fawley Refinery near Southampton, provides research and engineering support for ExxonMobil and its joint ventures throughout Europe and the Middle East.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package, which includes a competitive salary, defined benefit pension scheme, share incentive plan, private health care for employees and their families and, where applicable, relocation assistance. Onsite facilities, including a gym, make Fawley an enjoyable place to work.
Job Role Responsibilities
The Process Analyser Engineer is responsible for providing specialist engineering and technical support for projects and site support in Europe and the Middle East. This includes Project Development and Quality Control for Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC), Environmental Compliance, Quality Systems, compliance with EC Directives, development of standards and international collaboration activities. ExxonMobil requires exceptional professional conduct and the highest ethical standards, implicit with sound judgment, integrity and quality.
The key responsibilities are to:
* FEED for projects including developing the design basis and design specification prior to engineering.
* Quality Control and Audit for Project EPC ensuring compliance to ExxonMobil and industry standards.
* Supporting the construction and commissioning phases of projects.
* Participate in Safety and HAZOP reviews.
* Providing guidance for the sizing, selection, process engineering and design for:
* process analysers in liquid and gas service
* for fast loops, sample conditioning systems, sample recovery systems to meet the requirements of Analytical measurement.
* Providing guidance for: Reliability analysis and Equipment Strategies; reporting and stewardship for safety and / or environmental measurement systems and other maintenance programs; setting test and calibration intervals; maintenance technical support for troubleshooting, reliability improvement and performance monitoring.
The role is based at our Fawley site, near Southampton, within our EMEEL office. The successful candidate will work with the Automation, Optimisation and Process Safety Engineering Team based in Fawley.
Expected Level of Proficiency
To be eligible for this role, you must:
* Hold an engineering degree in analytical chemistry or equivalent with 10+ years professional experience. Candidates with less than ten years’ experience, who have a high degree of relevant industry experience will also be considered.
* Have extensive experience in the discipline of Process Analysers.
* Be; or be working towards being; a qualified Chartered Engineer, as defined by the Engineering Council UK or equivalent
Please note, candidates whose experience is predominantly in project management will only be considered for this position where they can demonstrate relevant technical experience in the engineering, design and operational support of marine terminals and structures.
Candidates should also have demonstrated work experience and / or knowledge of:
* Have a sound understanding of International Engineering Standards
* Sizing and selecting process analysers
* Fastloop design, sample conditioning system design, sample recovery systems and experience with HVAC systems.
* Process Connection requirements for process analysers and manual sampling systems
* Manual sampling system design, sizing and selection.
* Fire and gas detection systems
Successful candidates should possess a broad range of personal effectiveness and leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate and influence business decisions in a diverse team environment.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidates will be made a conditional offer of employment. The conditions include, but are not limited to: a satisfactory criminal records disclosure; satisfactory employment references over five years (where applicable); verification of qualifications, including any professional accreditation stated in the application; completion of a pre-employment medical, including a test for illicit or unprescribed drugs in accordance with the Company's safety policies; and the legal right to work on the agreed commencement date.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
ExxonMobil and its United Kingdom subsidiary companies, Esso Petroleum Company, Limited, and ExxonMobil Chemical Limited, are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. All applicants are offered equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities during our recruitment processes, therefore, please contact the Recruitment Team if you wish to discuss any particular requirements to enable you to complete our recruitment process.
Process Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Safety Engineer, Engineering, Research