about 1 month ago
REQ ID: 49014
JOB TITLE: Principle Security Architect
POSTING END DATE: 7th July 2020
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We’re already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We’re doing more than dream, we’re creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.
We’re reinventing what tomorrow looks like at Jaguar Land Rover. There’s a revolution underway in our industry – and we’re leading it. We’ve always been innovators. But our future will be driven by the possibilities created by new technologies as never before.
Jaguar Land Rover has long pushed the boundaries of technology. Now digital innovation lies at the heart of our business – because it is central to our future strategy. We are focused on the development of electric, connected and driverless cars that will reshape the whole industry. Joining us is your chance to help redefine who we are and where we’re going. Your talents in software development and DevOps could take your career in many directions.
* Ownership and definition of the detailed security architecture for a variety of cloud projects deployed globally for JLR.
* Successful acceptance of security architectures and approaches via JLR processes.
* Day to day engagement with development teams to advise and consult on security matters.
* Establish, maintain and enhance DevSecOps processes and culture within JLR
* Work closely with our site reliability and DevOps groups to automate compliance and security in development and our cloud platform.
* Removing impediments for the successful delivery of the security related solutions.
* Be the primary liaison for security for the centre and proactively engage other parts of JLR on security matters.
* Work cross functionally with other security groups to capture and progress best practises, and processes.
* Ensure alignment with corporate and legal requirements for security, and privacy in cloud for the centre.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* 4-5 years’ experience of security architecture design and delivery.
* 4-5 years’ experience working in a security role alongside software development teams.
* Deep technical knowledge on security and networking, solutions and technologies for cloud and on premise.
* Experience of defining security processes and procedures taking a practical risk- based approach.
* Experience with working across organisational silos and breaking down barriers to successful security practise adoption.
* Understanding of fundamentals of iterative software development and incremental delivery.
* Understanding of high-quality user stories and how to drive to a satisfactory MVP.
* An adaptable and pragmatic approach and a curious mind, continually asking ‘why’.
* An appreciation of what ‘better’ looks like, and the will to make improvements happen
* Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
JLR considers that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, JLR will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Find out what to expect at each stage of the process along with some hints and tips.
FIND OUT MORE
Find out more about working here in our JLR Life Blog:
FIND OUT MORE
WHAT WE OFFER
We look after our employees by offering a host of benefits and investing in their talent through award-winning training
FIND OUT MORE
Can't find a suitable opportunity or interested in other options with our Suppliers and Partners?
SEARCH ALL JOBS
Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Cloud, Engineering, Technology, Automotive