22 days ago
We’re committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country’s services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead end to end planning and in scheduling activity of all operational tasks and field resource to support the delivery of a high volume, short cycled, 24/7, 365 days a year wastewater response and maintenance contract for our client (Severn Trent)
What will this role involve?
* To lead and manage an effective and efficient team function that delivers a customer focussed schedule of works
* Responsible for reporting and delivery of both tactical and strategic performance for P&S function, aligned to service delivery KPI’s and compliance to contractual and safety requirements
* To ensure commercial effectiveness of the P&S function (against budget and headcount) and optimisation of wider operational teams’ productivity to support contract
* To provide feedback, direction and support to the wider operational team and supply chain to create a one team approach to delivery of end to end service
* As part of the Account Director’s Senior Management team, providing tactical and strategic direction on service delivery requirements and improvements for the current and future target operations model
* To contribute, own and manage change activity impacting both P&S function and wider contract
Role Specific Responsibilities:
* Lead a best in class utilities planning and scheduling function to support end to end business objectives
* Ensure performance management, coaching and development of the P&S managers and wider team
* Deliver planning activity that ensures activity adheres to and complies with, safety requirements, at all times
* Ensure delivery and reporting of consistent customer management throughout end to end planning and scheduling activity (prioritisation of work, proactive communications, updates and query management etc)
* Lead activity to deliver a schedule of works that optimises efficiency of operational resource delivery and workforce planning though regular liaison and team working with wider operations and supply chain teams
* Regular liaison with the key client stakeholder groups to ensure consistency of end to end delivery i.e. client customer service centre
* Provide regular data analysis, monitoring and reporting on P&S team and wider delivery performance in line with specific contractual KPI’s
* Taking ownership of ongoing change and service improvement activity that supports planning and scheduling activity
* Representing P&S function plans and delivery as part of contract management team in client and internal update meetings
Leading team in line with Amey values and business strategic objectives delivery
What are we looking for?
* Driving license (to support meetings with client stakeholders as required)
* Data Analysis
* Computer Literacy
* NVQ Level 5/A Level qualified (TBC)
* Commercially experienced and competent
* Significant planning/management experience in a senior business management role in a similar reactive and high demand industry (ideally utilities, transport, distribution)
* Experience of short cycle, multi activity field workforce planning – scheduling back office resource and large-scale operational resource teams (not project based)
* Experience of leading teams to consistently deliver performance (KPI/SLA’s) in flat and volatile demand periods
* Skilled at customer and supply chain management and interfaces
* Understanding of water industry and regulatory bodies incentives/targets
* Experience of managing and developing employees – evidencing clear plans of action to address performance issues
* Evidence of continuous improvement experience in a similar environment – including reacting and adapting to changing business needs and challenges