9 months ago
IBM’s Global Business Services (GBS) is the world's largest consulting services organization. GBS provides clients with business transformation and industry expertise, and the ability to translate that expertise into integrated, responsive, innovative business solutions. GBS provides consulting services across multiple industries and covers the whole process chain from strategy consulting through to the construction, implementation and operation of technical and commercial solutions.
As the Principle Interactive Developer you will be working in the confluence of marketing and product development on experiences that span physical and digital space. Do you have a good technical foundation and also a willingness to wear several hats, and a strong, balanced work towards bring constant improvement and deliver high-quality, integrated software?
This position requires both a deep understanding of the hands-on aspects of web interface engineering, as well as an ability to design proven front-end architectures that integrate with other systems and technologies; and the ability to communicate these solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation.
Can you bring a curiosity and excitement for new web technologies and techniques alongside proficient development skills and extensive full stack experience? Do you employ agile development techniques including continuous integration and continuous delivery to improve overall execution speed and product quality?
You will play a key part in the growth of the iX Development team and as such will be prepared to mentor and tutor junior members as well as co-ordinate the efforts of developers in remote locations. You will assist with the recruitment and professional development of the Developers in the group. You will define and maintain the development standards and technologies embraced by iX.
You should bring meaningful professional experience and a track record of team leadership and mentoring, as well as a growing profile in the Development community.
Day-to-day responsibilities include being responsible for the design of client side engineering solutions; the hand coding of web-based applications, web pages, and web-based mobile experiences; integrating your code with other technologies (Web Services, client back-end systems, content management systems, etc.); optimizing performance of front-end applications; and working with visual designers, user experience designers and software engineers.
You should have:
* A strong passion for the front end as a mix of art and science.
* Able to write standards compliant XHTML & CSS with thought given to performance, experience, accessibility and SEO.
* Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
* Experience using modern JS Frameworks (React, Backbone.JS, AngularJS, etc.).
* Writing well-formed, unobtrusive JS with scalability and extensibility in mind.
* Experience with Node.js and its acceleration frameworks.
* Knowledge/ experience with front-end performance optimisation (YSLOW standards).
* Previous experience with server-side languages (PHP, .Net, Java, etc).
* Object Orientated Programming and scripting expertise.
* Excellent debugging and analytical skills (use appropriate browser debugging tooling).
* Experience with source control (SVN, GitHub, etc).
* Experience of DevOps tools, techniques and concepts.
* Experience leading teams of developers
* Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills.
* You will be available to work on client site.
* Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.