9 months ago
Digital Supply Chain Principal Consultant – London, Manchester
Our Operational Excellence practice works with clients across all major manufacturing industries. The practice works from strategy through to implementation on issues critical to the growth and prosperity of manufacturing across the world. Our client’s issues include defining strategy, designing and delivering the supply chains and manufacturing capabilities of tomorrow, driving incremental and transformational change, creating value through supply chain and manufacturing digitalisation, globalisation, innovation and revenue growth.
You will be able to demonstrate career progression with increasing responsibility in a supply chain environment ideally with experience of digital / industry 4.0 in manufacturing technology, integrated planning, logistics and/or modelling. Your experience will be either from within industry (preferably blue chip) or as consultant although high calibre candidate will be considered whatever the background. You will have strengths in; building strong relationships, business analysis, problem solving, project leadership and delivery, as well as commercial acumen, so you are able to formulate and deliver creative, value adding solutions to client issues. You will be degree level qualified, with a 2:1 or equivalent and will have demonstrated a drive for personal and professional progression within your chosen field.
As a principal consultant you will be expected to:
• Be client facing, typically on client site
• Be responsible for day to day client relationships
• Lead projects and be responsible for all aspects of their delivery
• Provide significant support to the sales process
• Contribute to the development to our operations excellence capability group
Your practical experience will come from at least one of the following manufacturing sectors:
• Life science: pharmaceuticals, medical device or diagnostics
• Industrial engineering or aerospace
• Our clients are typically a range of global blue chips, niche market leaders and innovative start-ups across these sectors
You can demonstrate experience and tangible results:
• At working with all levels in an organisation
• Applying your leadership skills on substantial technology enabled supply chain and manufacturing transformation programmes
• An aptitude for delivering creative solutions
• An appetite to develop new business.
You have knowledge and are able to apply skills and experience across a number of the following supply chain and manufacturing disciplines:
• Strategy and operating model
• Supply chain and manufacturing technology
• Assessment and transformation
• Cost reduction and performance improvement
• Integrated business planning
• Experience across the following is also of interest: supplier relationship management, ERP, sales and aftersales and quality management.
In these areas it is important you can demonstrate the ability to both develop ideas and insights as well as delivering real improvements in business performance. Our supply chain consultants have a reputation for working with our clients and their teams to deliver real changes, lasting benefits and exceeding expectations.
Our most successful consultants have come from a range of backgrounds, with aspirations to contribute across multiple sectors. Many also join with particular specialisms which either they intend to develop further or use as a basis to expand their expertise across the supply chain disciplines. We have provided them all with the opportunities to develop into industry leading experts.
You should expect to travel and work on client sites; you need to have the unconditional right to work across Europe.
If you have the passion and ability to work with high calibre colleagues on innovative and transformational supply chain and manufacturing projects, we'd like to hear from you. In return we'll provide you the opportunities, support, and training for you to develop your career to the fullest of your capabilities, because it's not just what you've done that's interesting to us – it's what you are capable of achieving.
About PA Consulting Group
About PA Consulting Group
PA Consulting Group is a leading transformation, innovation and strategy firm. Independent and award winning, we operate globally in more than 30 countries and transform the performance of major organisations in both the private and public sectors.
From initial idea generation and strategy development through to detailed implementation, we deliver significant and tangible results to our clients through our innovative thinking and in-depth sector expertise.
We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA’s success, regardless of sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.