7 months ago
This role provides an exciting opportunity to become a key part of a thriving Transport Planning team, and to play a definitive role in continuing to grow Skanska’s Transport Planning capability
The team directly serve Skanska’s clients across the country and support its Highway Design functions. The team is versatile, with a wide range of experience including setting Transport Policy and Strategy, Strategic and Micro-simulation Traffic Modelling, and the development of Transport Business Cases.
Skanska provides a rare opportunity for staff to work directly with clients as part of an integrated team, bringing together the benefits of private and public sector working. This means that our staff are able to help influence transport strategy, and to follow transport schemes all the way from inception through to delivery.
Our long term contracts give staff security, and the opportunity of being able to make a lasting impact on the communities where we work. Over the coming years we will be engaged in an exciting workload which will turn large scale, transformative transport projects into reality.
* Manage the transport modelling undertaken by the Transport Planning Team and our professional services partners, ensuring that it is appropriate and to the high standards that our clients expect.
* Provide constructive and considered training and guidance to an enthusiastic team, helping to shape the next generation of Transport Planning Professionals.
* Remain abreast of current standards and best practice, to ensure that the team are always able to meet our clients’ needs in the best possible way.
* Work directly with clients to ensure that their transport planning needs are fully met, and to advise them on their requirements when needed.
The role will be based in our shared client offices in Peterborough, inside a recently refurbished Grade II Listed Railway Building. The role will include flexible working arrangements and a healthy work life balance. Travel will sometimes be required to meet clients and attend meetings. This is typically within the local region, but nationwide travel will also be required on occasions.
People are the heart of our business, and Skanska place a strong emphasis on creating the right working culture. One that's based on a collective respect for ethics and principles, where you're encouraged to really make the most of your talents in a supportive environment.
We're looking for:
* A Principal, or experienced Senior Transport Planner with significant Strategic Transport Modelling experience using SATURN software. Experience of Aimsun would be desirable, but is not essential
* Approachable, friendly and willing to act as a technical support for the Transport Planning Team. The applicant must be a strong team player and role model.
* A collaborative worker, capable of engaging seamlessly with colleagues from our partner organisations and client teams.
* Committed to our clients and passionate about building strong and sustainable communities through the provision of innovative transport infrastructure.
* A continuous improver, who is always looking for opportunities to strengthen the team’s working practices.
* A confident and excellent communicator, capable of conveying a range of technical and non-technical information to an array of audiences.
* Educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline, and ideally TPP Qualified.
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000
The closing date 12th November 2018.
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you’re involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you’ll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.