9 months ago
Principal Transport Planner / Consultant - Manchester, London, Birminhgam or Edinburgh
“We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions.
Let’s enhance society together!”
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Transport Planner / Consultant to join our expanding team in Manchester, London, Birminhgam or Edinburgh. Our Transport Teams undertake strategic planning work, providing advice to private and public sector clients on a wide range of interesting transportation projects including:
* Multi-Modal Transport Modelling
* Scheme Appraisal
* Parking Studies
* Transport Economics
* Strategic Transport Studies
* Transport Surveys
* Traffic Engineering
The team also works closely with our Infrastructure, Services, Structures and Environmental teams on larger multi-disciplinary development proposals.
The Principal Transport Planners manage and produce technical studies within the Transport Planning function. The role demands a proactive approach in a team environment and offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
You will be technically competent in analysing all types of transport projects and be able to manage people and projects. In particular you will be expected to manage project teams and undertake the day to day Client liaison and management on projects. You will identify business opportunities and to communicate these to and discuss these with the Team Leader/ Advisory Group Director as well as assist in realising these. You will contribute towards the technical excellence of the team and can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Management and production of technical studies
* Managing other transport projects as these arise and ensuring outputs are delivered on time and within agreed budget
* Project manage small projects.
* Developing innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients.
* Inspiring junior staff to develop innovative transport solutions to serve and benefit Clients
* Proactively contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK
* Providing technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:
1. Develop the technical skills of junior staff; and
2. Ensure consistency in technical quality from junior staff.
* Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints
* The day-to-day management of the junior members of the transport planning function in the UK
* The day-to-day management of other disciplines within the Royal Haskoning DHV group working on projects
* Identification of business opportunities
* Preparation of fee proposals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
* HNC or equivalent level qualification in a relevant subject
* Substantial relevant experience in the Transport Planning industry
* Knowledge of analytical software programs such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, the TRICS database and MS OFFICE.
* Good client management skills
* Commercially aware
* Coordination and management of project teams
* Identification of business opportunities
* Writing successful fee proposals
* Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans
* Proven technical track record and ability
* Strong analytical skills
* Good communicator (written and verbal)
* Good negotiation skills
* Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.