4 months ago
As a Principal Traffic Engineer you will be an integral member of the established team based across our Croydon and London offices. You will be responsible for managing the delivery of a wide range of existing high-profile traffic engineering projects including walking and cycling schemes, urban realm improvements, junction improvements, bus priority, pedestrian crossings, parking and traffic management schemes.
You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to lead the delivery of projects and develop and maintain relationships with key clients to ensure repeat business.
An individual with a proven reputation and high profile in this area is desired, and a key element of the role will involve the active promotion of Mott MacDonald’s capability in this field.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
* Design of a range of challenging traffic engineering and urban realm schemes and transport studies
* Project management to ensure successful delivery of projects from instruction through to completion
* Overseeing the work of others, particularly the preparation of technical drawings and reports
* Mentoring and training, such as skills transfer and knowledge sharing of technical best practice
* Contribution to identifying new client opportunities, business development and continued growth
* Writing and contributing to proposals for a variety of project types, sizes and client type
* Working in a team environment, represent and exemplify Mott MacDonald’s values in all activities
* Liaison with key clients and responsibility for developing effective relationships with internal and external organisations to identify market opportunities
* Maintaining an active personal profile and increasing awareness of Mott MacDonald’s transport planning and traffic engineering business.
You must have a degree or equivalent and preferably a Masters degree in a relevant transportation, town planning or design subject.
You should preferably be chartered or actively working towards chartership, which we will support you to do.
You must also be able to demonstrate:
* Relevant experience in the delivery of urban realm, traffic engineering and transport planning projects
* A proven ability to lead high profile projects either from a client or consultant side
* A visible personal profile and a willingness to maintain this through actively presenting at conferences and other events
* A strong network of contacts within the industry
* Excellent client liaison skills, with an ability to maintain effective and ongoing relationships with a wide range of existing and potential clients
* Extensive knowledge and application of relevant design standards
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Experience in writing proposals and winning new work
* An ability to solve complex problems and identify new innovative solutions
* Dedication to the delivery of projects and the development of the business as a whole
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how we can assist.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
* Pension matched up to 7%
* Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
* An annual professional institution subscription
* Life insurance
* Enhanced parental leave
* Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
* Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.