4 months ago
Principal Test & Evaluation Manager
Company Boeing Defence UK Limited
Job IDDate posted 12/17/2018
Bristol;Bristol;United Kingdom~London;Greater London;United Kingdom~
The Government Services Principal Test and Evaluation Manager operates within a Portfolio Programme environment augmenting and/or leading Call Off Contracts within a highly complex and multi organizational environments to deliver complex change initiative for Cyber, Security and Intelligence orientated SW and Business solutions for clients.
As a successful candidate you will be embedded within rainbow and stripy teams working alongside customers in dynamic and operationally focused deliveries.
Working within a complex stakeholder landscape and with often immature, developing and changing requirements, you will be expected to assist and guide the customers to define, design and deliver solutions and organizational change through effective stakeholder and benefit realization initiatives. Your advocacy and knowledge will be vital in helping the customer achieve their business objectives
You will act as ambassador for the Boeing company at appropriate client organization levels (grade dependent) and will be responsible for generating full or elements of, business solutions in line with the Long Range Business Plan. This includes generating and delivering opportunities within the scope of Test and Evaluation.
You will be an energetic self-starter with the correct aptitude and attitude that can build enduring customer intimacy and high performing teams within an exciting and demanding sector.
You will be experienced within specific or all aspects Test and with a willingness to learn.
The position undertakes the following:
* Leads others in the development of standard test methods and processes and applies advanced test technologies to create or improve test methods. Writes invention disclosures to protect Boeing Intellectual Property. Prepares R&D proposals and presents to internal management and external customer. Applies emerging industry technologies to develop test procedures. Reviews critical procedures to identify potential problems and resolve issues. Develops innovative metrology design techniques processes methods or concepts. Oversees the integration of new design and manufacturing techniques into test hardware/system designs. Analyzes processes for potential improvements and recommends associated changes. Develops the standard policies for post-test activity. Resolves or oversees resolution of special test procedures. Works with the enterprise test and engineering group to standardize evaluation techniques. Formulates expectations for test data for new or unique tests. Trains and coaches others. Works under consultative direction.
* Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the company.
* Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
* Initiates assignments and determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
* Develops advanced technical ideas and guides their development into final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the organization's technological capability and image.
* Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies.
These roles can be based in London or Cheltenham
BDS Global Operations
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
* Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant experience within ICT, Cyber or Systems Engineering
* Experience in one of the following domains;
* Secure Government
* Commercial Cyber Solutions
* Bids and Proposal Writing
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo an Intrusive Security Clearance Process
Experience Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Standard
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award: Yes
Job Code: 6L9BX5