5 months ago
Role Title and Location: Principal Test Engineer (Environmental Stress Screening), Bolton
Job Ref No:P7520
MBDA Level of role: level 4
Reports to: Test Engineering Manager
An opportunity has arisen to lead the ESS Engineering team at the MBDA missile manufacturing facility in Bolton. This is a dynamic and challenging environment providing the right candidate with the chance to demonstrate technical expertise and to influence future test policy, The ESS department is a significant investment by MBDA in this competitive High Reliability complex product market, with over 20 Combined Thermal and Vibration systems currently in operation.
Responsible for the Specification & Delivery of Environmental Test Screening Facilities for a wide range of products used in air, land and sea defence systems and provide technical expertise in the Environmental Stress Screening throughout the product lifecycle
Design, commissioning & maintenance of a range of Climatic and Vibration equipment, including the definition & implementation of Environmental Stress Screening Regimes.
MBDA Bolton has an extensive range of bespoke test facilities, capabilities and skills to support production Environmental Stress Screening, and is at the forefront of the development of automated facilities to improve effectiveness and reliability.
What are we looking for?
* Degree/HND (Mechanical/Electrical) Level of Qualifications or equivalent.
* Experience of Vibration and Climatic testing, including derivation of control strategies, function of climatic chambers and equipment, vibration test controllers and data acquisition systems.
* A good understand of measurement and test principles, and equipment.
* Detailed knowledge of Climatec Chamber and Vibration System design, Eurotherm and Data Physics Control Instrumentation would be beneficial.
* A strong ability to identify the correct technical solution and drive this though with the Customer.
* An understanding of Cryogenic and Pneumatic systems would be an advantage.
* Effective at working in teams with strong interpersonal skills.
* Good Planning and Organising skills.
* Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Proven analytical and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).