11 months ago
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something meaningful that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to make a difference.
Part of the Northwest portfolio Principal Test and Commissioning Engineer will undertake test and commissioning activities to Rail Fixed Telecoms assigned regional projects within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and are responsible for its contribution to overall business performance.
What are my Responsibilities?
* Reporting to the CIS FT T&C Manager, the Principle Test and Commissioning Engineer will manage delivery of all CIS FT test related activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements within an assigned regional project area portfolio.
* Supervise Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering activities to deliver system development and implementation, including sub-contractors and test equipment.
* Undertake the role of Lead Tester In Charge of Testing (L-TIC) on CIS Fixed Telecoms Projects.
* Regularly reporting assigned regional test and commissioning task progress and status to the Test Manager.
* Production and implementation of their assigned regional test and commissioning documentation deliverables to meet CIS Fixed Telecoms project Test Strategy requirements.
* Plan test and commissioning facility/equipment requirements and working areas
* Provide test and commissioning knowledge to the business to assist projects during testing phase as required
* Support estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to test and commissioning engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
* Witness testing where necessary, review and sign off test results to confirm successful testing completion.
* Ensure that all test related equipment required to be safety inspected, maintained or tested is currently certified and that site records are kept
* Identifying and reporting any project scope change to the designated PE and/or Test Manager
* Maintain and develop own professional competence and encouraging and assisting persons working under their supervision similarly.
* Ensure that persons working under their supervision are briefed on their duties and competent to carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done under the authority delegated to them.
* Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and work instructions are applied throughout the test and commissioning engineering life cycle.
* Application of standard test and commissioning documentation and specifications to support Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning needs
* Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens CIS Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
* Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements including main line rail, light rail and mass transit environments.
* Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, industry associations, suppliers and Partners.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
* HNC/HND or equivalent in relevant subject
* IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Systems Tester)
* Proven experience in PICOT or TIC role for Safety Related Telecoms and Operational Telecoms projects.
* An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning engineering environment.
* Supervision and delivery of test and commissioning tasks for implementation projects within the Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
* Proven success leading and motivating a team of test and commissioning engineers for effective test and commissioning of telecommunications systems.
* Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering testing and commissioning.
* Knowledge of Safety Critical and Safety Related activities in the rail environment.
* Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
* Proven experience of supervising delivery of Operational Telecommunications systems test and commissioning activities in the rail environment.
* System and detailed knowledge of a substantial proportion of the following:
* Knowledge of BS7671 17th Edition wiring regulations desirable.
* Good knowledge of IT systems and software, especially Microsoft Office and Project.
* Collaboration and Influencing - strong and effective communicator at all levels within the business as well as with external stakeholders.
* Business Results Orientation - strong leadership qualities including personal drive, initiative, enthusiasm and support for company goals.
* Leadership – proven ability to lead and experience of managing testing teams. Excellent organisational skills with the ability to foresee change, forecast and manage design resource utilisation and costs.
* Commercially aware – knowledge and experience with engineering delivery in a commercial business environment.
* Network Rail Personal Track Safety / Individual Working Alone / Controller of Site Safety competency.
* Full UK Driving licence.
Requisition ID: 258717
Career Level: not defined
Full time only