12 months ago
Principal Technical Safety Engineer
Requisition ID :2020-71931
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a staff Lead / Principal Technical Safety Engineer to join our Downstream business in Glasgow, UK.
The successful candidate will join a growing team delivering a pharmaceutical project. The engineering team delivers projects across the lifecycle from studies to capital projects. The Downstream business delivers projects across pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, refining, oil & gas and infrastructure.
To provides engineering support services under a Framework project to major pharmaceutical manufacturer where Wood is providing services covering the whole life cycle, typically from concept to EPCm and operational support.
You will work within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure effective safety and environmental practices are observed and risk management processes applied. This includes providing support under the CDM regulations in the UK along with the relevant pharmaceutical regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Executing assigned scopes of work for a client within the Pharmaceutical industry
* Lead and supervise the project process engineering team
* Supporting and supervising task delegation to team
* Involvement in all project phases, from front-end design to detailed design & construction support
* Providing discipline expertise to the business
* Man-hour budget generation/checking & management thereof
* Proactive input to project schedules and management of key milestone delivery Awareness and a proactive approach to change management
* Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
* Provide discipline support to the business
* Ensure self-awareness of relevant regulatory framework, legislation changes, initiatives and industry technology developments and promote to direct reports
* Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution
Skills / Qualifications
* Degree in Chemical, Biochemical or relevant discipline
* Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent
* Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context
* Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills
* Able to demonstrate a level of team working skills
* Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.