about 1 year ago
About the Role
As one of the world’s leading engineering, professional services and technical consultancy firms, at WSP, we’re passionate about the big questions. And big answers, naturally. For us that’s all about reaching beyond the expected to do work that’ll make a profound impact felt long into the future.
As a principal systems integration consultant, you will be undertaking a leading and / or senior role in delivering systems integration activates primarily across major UK Rail projects. You will be an experienced system engineer, ideally with knowledge of rail and across the project lifecycle. Experience outside of the rail industry is also considered. We are looking for problem-solvers who can help us to evolve, improve, modernise and excel in delivering systems integration services to our current and future clients.
As an operations team leader and / or Line Manager you will have additional responsibilities for the performance and career development of individuals within the team. Operations team leaders will have responsibility for ensuring up to 12 individuals gainfully employed and supported in their project role, whilst supporting the Systems Integration leadership in undertaking required internal business management. You will be a champion of the WSP Business Management System and Safety Management Systems. You will proactively support the on-going management of health, safety and wellbeing of reports.
We are looking for candidates with the ability to make a difference, who can pro-actively lead systems integration activities, collaborating and promoting the adoption to existing and potential clients. We are after individuals who will embrace turning challenges in to opportunities while being held accountable to standards beyond the norm.
A typical week would include:
* Leading systems integration activities or teams on major rail projects
* Delivering systems integration subject matter expert consultancy across specific systems engineering disciplines
* Scoping, planning and implementing systems integration activities
* Providing expert consultancy to guide clients in determining the appropriate level of systems integration support they require to meet their needs and address the project risk and complexity
* Acting as a technical mentor to junior staff supporting their development as systems integration consultants, proactively identifying opportunities to challenge and stretch individuals to develop skills on projects
* Undertaking professional development reviews and setting SMART career development objectives to direct reports
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* A degree in relevant engineering discipline
* Have achieved Chartered status of a relevant professional body
* Post degree experience in delivering systems integration in a rail environment, and/or equivalent sector
* Experience in selecting and applying various systems engineering tools (e.g. DOORS) and techniques (e.g. MBSE)
* Experience in a variety of project leadership and/or senior roles supporting career mentoring
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.
Check out for more info about the great work we do.