19 days ago
Principal Structural Engineer
RPS are currently seeking an experienced Structural Engineer for a Principal level role to join our progressive business and work within the Structures team in our Milton Keynes office with agile working.
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of around 5,000 consultants and service providers. Working in 125 countries across all six continents. We are proud of the quality tailored solutions we provide to our clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and we are confident we can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
This is an exciting role for an individual looking to progress their career as a Structural Engineer within our industry leading team where we have an excellent reputation, offering a wealth of expertise in all sectors of the built environment. We are offering a broad and varied role within a challenging and rewarding environment where you will primarily be involved in the effective delivery of residential foundation and superstructure projects through to low and medium rise housing and commercial.
* Assist Associate Director / Director in management of structural engineering team
* Independent management of projects / project team
* Financial responsibility for your own projects
* Preparation of fee quotations / Invoicing
* Management of staff and other consultants.
* Further develop the team of engineers and technicians.
* Working in collaboration with senior stakeholders and clients
* Attendance of leadership and strategy meetings
* Site visits
* Undertake structural surveys, investigation and repair schemes for structures from fires to foundation issues.
* Degree (or equivalent) in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Ideally Chartered with ICE, or IStructE or equivalent or progressing towards chartership.
Skills and Experience:
* Experienced in the design of foundations, masonry, concrete including detailing, steel and timber structures to eurocodes.
* Experience in the residential market including traditional construction as well as framed structures.
* Market commercial awareness with knowledge in financial management of projects, development of clients and ability to assist in the project appointment process.
* Preferably experienced in structural investigations of low-rise residential properties, medium rise residential and commercial markets.
* Tekla software (Tekla designer and Tedds) and familiar with Autocad/Revit
* Strong leadership skills to establish authority and influence both internally and externally to the company.
* Previous Management experience would be advantageous
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Analytical capability with strong attention to detail
* The ability to make decisions
* Motivated with initiative
* Comfortable with autonomy with an appetite to drive innovation
* Team player
What we offer you:
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world.
Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy.
With expertise across a broad range of project types and scales – from individual buildings to entire precincts and cities - we guide projects as they move from initiation and scoping, to design and delivery. Our team offers integrated planning, design, technical and project management services to support developers to invest with confidence, streamline approvals and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.
Our people live our purpose, deliver our promise, and demonstrate our behaviours every day. Our behaviours define who we are. Developed by our people, they underpin everything that we do. They create the memorable experiences we are known for and make RPS a great place to do great work. ‘Stronger Together’ is one of our five core behaviours and it is inherent in creating an inclusive workplace: ‘We are respectful, acknowledge diversity, and recognise the potential and contribution of everyone. We bring out the best in one another, always assuming best intent. People who learn and grow thrive in our business, sharing in our success.’
We have a Preferred Supplier List of trusted partners to assist us when required and do not acknowledge any speculative CVs or unsolicited candidate introductions from agencies not on this list. Please refer to the careers page on our website if you require any further information.