7 months ago
Title : Principal Static Equipment Engineer
Requisition ID :2018-24269
Work Location :GB-Wilton International (Redcar)
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Mechanical
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are recruiting for a Principal Static Equipment Engineer with significant experience in the Oil, Gas and/or Petrochemical industries in both operating site support and EPC roles. Candidates shall have experience of working closely with clients.
Although this is a long term position to be based at our client offices in Teesside, North East, with occasional visits to the project office in Darlington, we would welcome applications from Contractors.
* Management of workload and budgets, responding to client requirements and managing work undertaken by other members of the Mechanical Group.
* Preparation of Equipment Technical Specifications for Enquiry & Purchase, and provide technical guidance to the Mechanical Group and wider project.
* Technical evaluation/clarification of supplier bids. Produce technical reports to support order placement
* Lead technical discussions with suppliers & client.
* Review of supplier documentation for integration within project design (GA/Details/Calculations/Fabrication procedures, etc)
* Project technical support to studies such as mechanical design reviews, constructability & HAZOP.
* Review of Inspection reports and support to plant in defining future inspection as well as remedial repairs.
* Construction and site support
* On occasion, out of hours support to plant priorities.
* Support to Lead Engineer in project reporting and man power planning, including covering the Lead Engineer responsibilities during periods of holiday/ absence.
* Act as client-approved Authorised Engineer for approval of technical documents.
Skills / Qualifications
Degree qualified with Chartered Engineer status.
Technical experience should include a range of static equipment:
* Boilers / furnaces
* Columns & vessels/ drums
* Heat exchangers
* Storage tanks.
* This should include fitness for service assessments of ageing plant and specification of repairs/modifications. In addition, candidates shall have experience of typical technical documents such as enquiry & purchase specification, bid analysis, and post order documentation.
* Possess strong self-initiative skills and shall be required to support the Lead Engineer with project updates and resource plans.
* Have familiarity with the following design codes: PD5500, ASME VIII, TEMA, BS2654/ EN14015, API650, API 653, API579.
* Experience in fitness for service assessments using API 579 and is familiar with Risk Based Inspection (RBI) studies.
* Some experience of rotating equipment such as pumps, compressors and steam turbines is beneficial to the site role.
* Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications, and discipline packages such as Finglow and PVElite.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.