about 1 month ago
Principal Software Engineer (Security) - Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development-20000GRS Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
Principal/Senior Principal Software Engineer in Security - Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Development
Principal/Senior Principal Software Engineer in Security - Cloud Engineering Infrastructure DevelopmentThe Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in a distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Are you a strong software development leader with a passion for building cloud services and distributed systems at scale?
We're looking for a Principal Software Engineer with expertise and passion in solving difficult systems and security problems in distributed, multi-tenant services and cloud infrastructure.
* Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
* 8+ years of software development experience
* 3+ years of technical leadership on teams of 5-10 people
* Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, Python, or Perl
* Good understanding of relational databases, NoSQL systems, storage and distributed persistence technologies
* Sound fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Experience with designing, launching and maintaining distributed systems at scale
* Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, and Data Scientists
* Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases, and debug server-side, multi-threaded, and highly scalable applications
* Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), Data Modeling, API design, Containerization, Networking, and Linux
* Familiarity with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
* Development experience with cloud platform (SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS) such as OCI, Azure, AWS, and Docker Containers or Kubernetes and Knowledge of Big Data
* Experience with SIEM or Log Management tools (e.g. Splunk)
* Experience with Automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible)
* Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, and test automationDetailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Job: Product Development
Location: GB-United Kingdom
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire