8 months ago
Principal Software Engineer (m/w)
Airbus DS Newport
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus’ CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer (m/w) for Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport, South Wales. You will be responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will be responsible for leading the development of software products to meet all specified customer requirements, by
* allocating, controlling and reviewing work of the members of their software development team
* analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
* preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
* generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
* integration of software onto the target platform
* providing software technical support to projects and customers
* contributing to the company software process and procedure updates
You will need to ensure that
* technical leadership is provided to the Software Engineering department and across relevant Airbus Defence and Space projects in the job holder’s specialised area of expertise.
* all equipment is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards
* tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims
* the cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are elucidated, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
* software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
You have the following essential skills:
* Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent) in Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
* Extensive experience of process driven software development and being familiar with a number of software development methodologies
* Skills in implementation of embedded real-time software in either C or C++ or Windows application software in C#
* Knowledge of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
* Successful track record of working in a software team lead role
* Object oriented analysis, design and development fully documented using UML
* Full understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
* Experience of stakeholder engagement (eg for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
* Experience of full software development project lifecycle
You have the following desirable skills:
* Experience of Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS)
* Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
* Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
* Experience of formal software configuration management
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.