4 months ago
Sky is Europe’s leading entertainment company and serves 21 million customers across five countries. Together our people deliver the best and broadest range of content, market-leading customer service and innovative technology. We work hard to give our customers a better experience and we’re not stopping there.
Without the skills of our brilliant in-house Technology team, these game-changing innovations wouldn’t be possible. They develop pioneering products and services to give every one of our customer’s experiences they’ll love – when and wherever they want.
Who you’ll be working with…
Based at our world class Leeds Dock campus, which is one of the largest technical hubs in the UK, it’s a strategic location for our business and offers a vibrant place to work. Our new teams have a real ‘start up’ feel and there’s loads of room for development. You’ll have the chance to use cutting edge tools and technologies to create rich user experiences; all whilst working in an Agile environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Business and Corporate tribe as a part of Group Digital Platforms. The ‘Business’ side supports the digital aspects of Sky’s business-to-business relationships from Sky Vision to our Wholesale agreements such as Sky Cinema.
At Sky, we’re committed to providing great rewards to the people who drive our success, and that’s not just with a competitive salary and generous annual leave. You’ll also benefit from a free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent pension scheme and private health care. There’s a vast range other benefits too that you can tailor around your personal needs.
* Understand software architecture patterns, including key aspects such as performance, reliability and security patterns, and will be knowledgeable about wider technology trends
* Work to fully understand your business domain, advising on feasibility, maximising the potential of new technologies; identifying the design-drivers, and leading teams to shape the software architecture
* Be persuasive and influential, take a data / evidence-driven and commercial approach to decision making and prioritisation, and provide leadership to the wider technical community
* Be able to demonstrate a healthy commitment to wider technical community initiatives such as; Open Source, Tech Events & Meet Ups, Conferences.
You Will have…
* A deep knowledge of and passion for building performant, scalable, reliable, real-world software solutions
* A broad knowledge of development and implementation, in-depth knowledge in one or more specialist areas
* An ability to demonstrate a healthy commitment to wider technical community initiatives such as; Open Source, Tech Events & Meet Ups, Conferences.
* Experience in Leading Agile teams
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about