10 months ago
Principal / Senior HVAC Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-63549
Work Location :GB-Cheshire-Warrington
Department / Discipline : Project Engineering
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
About Wood Nuclear & PPP:
Wood Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Cumbria, North West under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Cumbria, North West are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services. Wood Nuclear provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Principal/Senior HVAC Engineer to support a key project within the nuclear business.
The successful individual will be responsible for the design or substantiation of HVAC and Building Service systems including design studies, optioneering, scheme and detail design. Preparation of design basis documents, ventilation flow sheets, calculations, equipment/ductwork sizing, containment systems, cascaded building ventilation, specification writing and engineering substantiation. They will also be responsible for the direction of others within the team, the estimating/planning of tasks and ensuring delivery to timescale and budget.
Skills / Qualifications
* Knowledge of nuclear standards and site procedures
* Knowledge & Experience in the design and substantiation of nuclear ventilation systems
* Demonstrable experience in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry
* Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver HVAC designs
* Knowledge and experience of planning and estimating HVAC tasks along with providing progress and budgetary control to projects and teams
* Experience in the production of ventilation system design deliverables, i.e. Ventilation Flow Diagrams (VFDs), Basis of Design (BoD), Plant Sizing Calculations (Heating/Cooling/Fan Sizing), Control Philosophy
* Experience in the delivery of written work, i.e Equipment Specifications, Design Assessment Reports (preferable but not essential)
* Have extensive demonstrable experience in delivering nuclear HVAC design at a senior or principal level
* Hold a minimum HND or equivalent
* Ideally will hold a Degree, be a member of CIBSE and/or a Chartered Engineer or alternatively have extensive demonstrable experience in the field at a senior or principal level
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.