8 months ago
About the Role:
At WSP, you’ll find yourself challenged in more fascinating and far-reaching ways than ever before. You’ll explore new and inspiring opportunities to make the most of your expertise, broaden your professional horizons and create exciting new possibilities for people, organisations and society in general.
As a Principal or Senior Telecommunications Engineer you will be responsible for development and publishing of Telecommunications Designs to support Network Rail GRIP Stage 3 through to GRIP Stage 8 projects and also publication of RIBA stage E through K reports, calculations, and drawings to enable the Principal contractors to successfully build specific projects.
The right candidate will be well versed and experienced in Network Rail and London Underground Infrastructure Projects. As such the successful candidate will have been accepted by Network Rail as a Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) for digital infrastructure projects.
A typical week would include:
* Design and integration of various systems and subsystems, these will include but not limited to;
* Trackside equipment and infrastructure installation and operation
* Fixed Telecommunications Network (FTN and FTNx)
* Radio systems in UK Rail operations (GSM-R primarily)
* Station and Building network infrastructure –
* Structured Cabling infrastructure – Copper and fibre optic
* Multiprotocol Label Switching Networks (MPLS)
* Internet Protocol Closed Circuit Television (IP-CCTV) Systems
* EN54 Public Address and Voice Alarm Systems
* Integrated Station / Building Management Systems (ISMS, IBMS)
* Customer Information Systems (CIS)
* IP based Access Control Systems
* Multi-mode Intruder Detection Systems
* Wireless Network Architecture
* Preparation of conceptual reports, telecommunications scheme designs, project documentation, specifications, contract schedules, implementation/ construction plans and costings to client requirements.
* developing, analysing, assessing and implementation of Network Bandwidth allocation for MPLS converged networks
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
* A Master of Science / Engineering in an electronic communications course of study.
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
* Must be pursuing Chartered Engineer (CEng) in a relevant engineering discipline (MIET, etc).
* Extensive experience, preferably in the UK, in leading, producing and checking Telecommunications designs
* Underpinning knowledge of Network design principles and significant experience working within a rail environment and good working knowledge of Network Rail, TfL & LUL standards, IET Regulations.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and WiL (Women in Leadership) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
A little about us:
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services firms providing technical consultancy to the built and natural environment. We believe that for societies to thrive, we must all hold ourselves accountable for tomorrow. For us, that means creating innovative solutions to the challenges the future will bring to the communities and environments where we live and work across the UK.
We are locally dedicated and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, programme and construction management professionals. Our experts design lasting solutions in the property & buildings, transportation & infrastructure, environment, industry, resources (including mining, and oil & gas) and power & energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. And safety and sustainability are embedded in everything that we do.