about 1 year ago
Principal Safety and Risk Consultant
Requisition ID :2019-62893
Work Location :GB-Various
Department / Discipline : Environmental
Additional Work Location : GB-Avon-Bristol
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Additional Work Locations
GB-Avon-Bristol | GB-Berkshire-Reading | GB-London
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Principal Safety and Risk Consultant, with an expertise in applying this to major hazards and safety, including COMAH to join the team in one of the following offices: Birchwood, Bristol, Leamington or Reading.
Joining Wood’s successful process safety and major hazard risk team, high quality delivery, innovation, relationships and winning new business will be important to you.
• Delivering and leading high quality projects to clients across several industry sectors, including oil, gas, chemical and major infrastructure sectors
• Proven expertise in major hazards, safety risk assessment, process safety consultancy, COMAH and Major Accidents to the Environment (MATTE)
• Managing client relationships and winning work
• Technical innovation and delivery
• Managing projects and mentoring junior team members
• Networking with other group companies
Skills / Qualifications
• A relevant engineering, science or technology related degree (or equivalent) is essential
Essential experience will include:
• A successful consultancy track record in major hazards safety and risk consultancy, working with operators, design engineering and regulatory clients.
• A technical expertise in major hazards, process safety, major hazards regulation (including COMAH Safety Report studies and preparation) and several of the following areas: Quantitative assessment, safety and environmental major hazards management, facilitation (including HAZOP, LOPA and HAZID/ENVID), reliability assessment, detailed consequence analysis, supporting major hazard safety studies and major accident and disasters for EIA purposes.
• Working in multi-skilled teams, project management, project delivery, business development and writing successful proposals.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.