8 months ago
Title : Principal Renewable Energy Consultant
Requisition ID :2018-28418
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Power
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Woods Clean Energy business is currently recruiting for a Principal Renewable Energy Consultant in their Advisory Services Group, based in Glasgow.
The purpose of the role is to project manage due diligence assignments undertaken by ASG. Manage the teams of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scopes of work, including both ASG and non-ASG staff.
* Assess renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders, investors and other project stakeholders.
* Represent Wood as a key technical resource for your specialised capability sharing knowledge and experience to aid overall development of competencies within Team, Group and Company to enhance overall project delivery to clients.
* Manage multi-discipline teams of engineers (and other technical staff) in the completion of due diligence assignments for exacting clients.
* Attend client meetings and undertake site visits within the UK and globally.
* Maintain a consistently high degree of quality and technical excellence in all work product.
* Represent the company at conferences and seminars in order to enhance personal knowledge or establish business development leads. Follow up on leads to generate fresh work.
* Mentor and support less experienced team members.
* Identify and communicate relevant technological developments or regulatory changes which may impact the business or provide new opportunities.
Skills / Qualifications
* Experience of working in an engineering consultancy specialising in energy infrastructure projects and renewable energy finance, or
* Experience in an engineering or other relevant role.
* Awareness of all key renewable energy technologies with a focus on wind energy.
* Experience in the development, construction and operation of onshore and offshore wind energy projects.
* Experience in conducting lenders technical advisor assignments.
* Experience working offshore or working at heights.
* Degree or equivalent level qualification in a STEM subject or other relevant subject (e.g. economics, law, finance).
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, aural).
* Excellent report writing skills.
* Project management ability, qualification desirable.
* Detailed understanding of technical and commercial aspects of renewable energy infrastructure projects (including project finance, M&A markets, regulatory/policy matters)
* Language skills
* Driving licence
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.