7 months ago
Principal Project Manager, Transport team
Ramboll is seeking an experienced project manager to join the Project Management Transport team in the UK. The successful candidate will provide project management services for internal and external clients on a wide range of transport schemes including civils/highways, rail infrastructure (including high speed rail) and aviation. The role will involve management of projects across the UK. Therefore, notwithstanding that the position will predominantly be office based, including potentially working from co-located client/project offices, occasional travel will be necessary.
Ramboll is a leading engineering, design and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. With close to 14,000 experts in 35 countries, including 1,400 in the UK, we emphasise local experience combined with a global knowledge-base.
Owned by the Ramboll Foundation and our staff, high ethical standards as well as responsibility towards society and employees are ingrained in our cultural DNA. Ramboll was value-based long before it came into fashion and we live our values every day. We constantly strive to achieve inspiring and exacting solutions that make a genuine difference to our customers, end-users and society as a whole.
As a Project Manager you will assume responsibility for the day to day management of all project activity through the life of our appointment in line with Ramboll’s Project Excellence Lifecycle (our Project Management system). Your responsibilities will vary depending on the scale and complexity of your projects but may include:
* Delivery of projects from inception to completion ensuring scope, contracts, budgets and QA procedures are all in place and maintained through the project lifecycle.
* Management of the production of technical and commercial specifications, drawings and schedules that comply with the scope of services.
* Management of the design process through design workshops and cluster meetings for small projects, or providing direct support as an Assistant Project Manager on larger schemes.
* Preparing and distributing as appropriate Monthly Reports, meeting minutes and (MS Project) programmes, and deliver (MS PowerPoint) presentations as and when required.
* Interfacing with the internal Planning team as necessary for the production/updating of programmes on larger projects (typically generated in Primavera P6 format).
* Facilitating risk management workshops for both design and project related elements.
* Management of sub-consultants, typically external quantity surveyors, architects, landscape architects, specialist designers and the like.
* Ensuring that fees/costs are prepared on time and correctly submitted to the Client with all necessary supporting information to facilitate prompt payment.
* Managing change within the project scope whilst ensuring delivery to Client satisfaction.
* Management of bid teams and preparation of proposals for multi-disciplinary tenders.
You will be expected to develop positive working relationships with clients, contractors, internal departments, relevant stakeholders and authorities in discharging our appointment.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience in a project management role in the construction industry, preferably within a multidisciplinary engineering design consultancy. Experience should be relevant to the responsibilities listed above as appropriate for the role applied for.
* Experience of bid management for multi-disciplinary opportunities.
* Knowledge of construction and the design processes.
* Knowledge of health and safety legislation, including CDM Regulations.
* An understanding of various types of procurement methods and contract administration requirements e.g. NEC, JCT, ACE, ICE, GC Works, FIDIC.
* Good communication skills are essential to fulfil this position.
* Full UK driving licence.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
* Minimum HNC/HND in a Building/Civil Engineering or related discipline, however a relevant degree is preferred.
* Preferably a member or associate member of an appropriate construction focused association or institute (e.g. APM, ICE etc), or if not currently a member of such organisation you will be required to work towards and achieve this qualification within a reasonable agreed timeframe.
* PM and Health and Safety qualifications appropriate to role. Training can be provided.
What we offer:
* Competitive salary and benefits package – including 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance and discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops.
* Excellent career growth and development opportunities.
* Flexible working
* Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK.
* A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility.
* High level of exposure to international expertise in the sector and opportunity to work on significant transport infrastructure projects both within the UK and, if desired, overseas.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer
You must have eligibility to work in the UK