23 days ago
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country’s services and infrastructure including the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK’s defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on. Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
What is the purpose of this role?
To lead and direct the delivery of the allocated W&B Transformation Package contract works safely in accordance with legislation, Amey/AmeyKeolis Procedures to contract specification and programme, while building and sustaining long term customer relationships through continuous improvement and collaborative working.
What will this role involve?
* To lead and direct the allocated package works ensuring co-ordination of all disciplines within
* the contract works.
* Effectively lead and line manage the project team, including training, development and
* performance management.
* Ensure that allocated contract works are effectively planned and progress reviewed on a weekly
* Ensure Works packages are effectively & efficiently integrated within the transformation
* Undertake duties of Project Manager as defined under IDP Works Contract (NEC3 PM)
* Timely submission of reports to an agreed format.
* Implement the allocated budget for the package works, review & report on budget performance
* with the commercial team.
* To promote, through pro-active leadership, improvements in Safety, Health and Environmental
* management in line with the objectives set by AmeyKeolis.
* Ensure that systems are in place to ensure all work activities obtain the necessary approvals
* and that all contract, technical and administrative instructions are implemented prior to
* commencement of the works.
* Input to and monitor the Contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including financial,
* commercial, safety and personnel related issues, as agreed with the Account Director.
* Proactively seek improvements in efficiency of operation to support the TFW/KeolisAmey targets
* through continuous business improvement.
* Display and develop in others a collaborative behaviour and culture.
* Ensure that the operations organisation is properly resourced with competent people in order to
* deliver these key accountabilities.
* Effective management of IDP performance and efficient working.
* Understanding customer requirements and clearly developing the project plan, scope and
* Ensure that all project activities from design to construction are performed within the programme requirements.
* Resolving issues by coordinating and integrating the relevant disciplines
* Ensuring project expenditure is tracked, reconciled to budget and forecast to completion
* Working in line with the TfW Plan of Works and making sure Stage Gates are adhered to between Stages C, E & F.
What are we looking for?
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Proven track record in Project Management and is likely to have in excess of five years
* experience at a Project management level.
* Good understanding of the construction / railway industry.
* Understanding of Railway Planning systems
* Knowledge of Health and Safety at Work Act and CDM Regulations
* Knowledge of accident investigation techniques
* Highly effective motivator with strong written and spoken communication skills and
* capable of interfacing at all levels in the organisation.
* Exhibit behaviours that will support and develop collaborative working.
* Good management skills
* Understanding commercial processes and requirements.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Min HNC/HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
* Must be able to drive
* IOSH Managing Safely