5 months ago
About the Role
At WSP, there’s nothing we love more than pushing boundaries. Harnessing innovation and sharing insights across our diverse, international team to create a tomorrow’s world that's cleaner, greener and safer. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation that takes pride in its people and purpose: creating long-lasting solutions to meet the needs of generations to come.
As a Principal Project Engineer/Team Leader, you'll work within the Networks Discipline, reporting to the Team Leader of Interconnectors, to be the Technical Lead on various projects to be identified.
A typical week would include:
* Provide Technical Leadership and project management support for the successful delivery of multi-discipline Interconnector projects,
* Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with the contract to the satisfaction of the client,
* Ensure that relevant Health and Safety risks are identified, made known to the project team and properly managed,
* Ensure projects are delivered in line with programme, quality and margins,
* Actively develop external and internal client relationships,
* Support the project team ensuring that appropriate resources are utilised on projects to the satisfaction of the client and business needs,
* Complete and conform to internal procedures including financial status reports, project reviews and risk register,
* Contribute to project planning and scheduling ensuring that any deviations are identified and confirmed with the client in a timely manner,
* Provide technical management coordination of any subcontractors and resources remote from the core project team,
* Ensure that technical risks are identified and mitigated,
* Ensure that all statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
* Actively take part in Industry working groups such as CIGRE, IET and IEEE.
* Actively develop external and internal technical relationships.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
Desired Skills/ Experience:
* Bachelor/Master Degree or equivalent in relevant technical discipline
* You'll be CEng qualified
* Membership of a relevant professional institution
* Extensive experience in Transmission and Distribution work, HVDC/FACTS experience would be a distinct advantage
* A minimum of 3 years experience of technical leadership of a multi-disciplined team on a large project
* Extensive experience of large, technically complex projects
* Understand both the needs of the client and the business when delivering a major project with a focus on margin and contract compliance
* Commercial awareness and financial control of projects. Contractual awareness and understanding of programmes and scheduling. A commitment to project delivery and success
* Prepared to travel within the UK and overseas as projects dictate
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.