8 months ago
Title : Principal Process Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-37076
Work Location :GB-Lanarkshire-Glasgow
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Process
Position Type : Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Process Engineer based in our offices in Glasgow with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
* Provides coaching and mentoring for direct reports.
* Actively supports recruitment, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans.
* Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people.
* Ensures competence of deputies.
* Manages performance of direct reports.
* Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
* Monitor compliance with competence standards.
* Participate in incident investigations as required.
* Set performance expectations for direct reports.
* Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development.
* Provide discipline support to the business.
* Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
* Proficient in scope definition.
* Deputising for Lead as required.
* Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports / respective team
* Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
* Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively.
Skills / Qualifications
* MSc, MEng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with extensive relevant experience or Chartered Engineer or recognised equivalent
* HNC / HND or equivalent with relevant considerable experience. Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.