about 1 year ago
Principal Ports and Maritime Engineer - (BI 0004QS)
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction – and program - management. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country’s most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That’s because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune’s 2019 World's Most Admired Companies…
We currently have an opportunity for a full time Principal Civil/Structural Engineer within our Ports and Maritime team based in Southampton. The successful candidate will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Jacobs Ports and Maritime provides specialist technical services in coastal zone infrastructure development. Our team specialises in commercial ports, bulk terminals, naval bases, breakwaters and coastal defences, dredging and reclamation, marine off-loading facilities and sea water intakes and outfalls. We support a wide range of major UK and international clients across the maritime, defence, energy and transport sectors.
We are currently in the midst of an exciting investment period for Jacobs Ports and Maritime during which we aim to achieve considerable and sustained profitable growth. This will provide great opportunities for you to work across a broad portfolio of projects and will offer a platform to gain significant experience.
As a Principal Civil/Structural Engineer you will lead multi-disciplinary project teams to execute and deliver safe technical solutions to agreed standards, on-time, and within budget. You will have established your reputation for the highest standards of service and technical delivery across a broad range of major projects.
As a senior member of our Ports and Maritime team you will be comfortable taking the lead on projects and will provide appropriate technical guidance to help develop less experienced team members. You will coordinate project resources and plan tasks and will contribute to our business goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Technical leadership and quality and excellence of project deliverables
• Technical and professional guidance, support and development of more junior engineers and technicians
• Communication with clients and other design team members
• Inter-discipline and inter-office project planning, delivery and financial performance
• Business development activities including preparation of proposals
• Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems
• Operational and design safety, and developing good safety culture
• Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer.
• Demonstrable knowledge of design of maritime structures
• Broad demonstrable knowledge in civil engineering design and construction
• Good all-round technical design expertise using British and international standards, and/or Eurocodes
• Proven ability to manage projects and preparation of project deliverables, including managing quality, budget, programme and resources;
• Good understanding of structural theory and strong analytical skills, with proven problem solving ability
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and report writing skills
• Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients and other design team members
• Demonstrable knowledge of assessing soil-structure-interaction
• Demonstrable knowledge of foundation designs
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
: United Kingdom-United Kingdom Countrywide-Southampton
: May 22, 2019, 10:37:48 AM