9 months ago
Principal Plant Layout Engineer
Requisition ID :2019-39090
Work Location :GB-Berkshire-Reading
Department / Discipline : Engineering - Piping
Position Type : Staff / Permanent
Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching)
Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Principal Plant Layout Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry to join our team in Reading on a staff basis.
Technical Design Ability - Responsible for setting the project design basis for plant layout and piping design, influential in setting the layout concept and approving the developed design. Would be expected to be developing an interest in a specialist industry area (e.g. upstream, midstream, downstream, modularisation). In addition has thorough knowledge of all aspects of plant layout and piping design. Takes a hands-on and lead role with responsibility for plant layout and piping design in an assigned area including; setting plant layout concepts, assuring quality and consistency and ensuring that safety, operation, maintenance and construction requirements are incorporated. Maintain a cost focussed approach to plant layout and piping design such that installed and operational costs are minimised, whilst also ensuring that safety, operational, maintenance and constructability requirements are appropriately addressed supported with sound documented reasoning.
Technical Expertise - A respected member of the group, who is securely confident in their discipline. Experienced in setting a structured design basis, undertaking the conceptual plant layout and piping design, production of project standards and well-structured narrative. Proven track record in leading the conceptual phases of the plant layout, piping design and production effort. Confident in undertaking plant layout in critical and novel plant areas.
Technical - Design Basis - Sets project layout design basis, produces project standards and assures design basis is maintained through subsequent phases through well-structured narrative. Identifies, quantifies and produces project specific piping technical instructions for use by the piping and layout design team to achieve technical consistency and quality in plant layout and piping design.
Skills / Qualifications
* Experienced in planning, progress monitoring, forecasting and reporting
* Competent in commercial, contractual and administrative aspects of engineering
* Experienced in estimating man-hours and materials for Plant Layout aspects of work
* Experienced in working with other disciplines and sections to meet delivery dates
* Highly experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
* Experienced in design safety / environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates
* Experience and ability to lead a small / medium team within a project
* Capable of generating a co-operative team based culture for groups under his / her control
* Knowledge of personnel issues and aspirations of subordinates
* Able to take a lead in motivation, training and ongoing development of subordinates
* Able to perform a major role in setting group / discipline objectives
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.