9 months ago
Development Management Planner
Location: Barnet, London
Contract Type: Permanent
Package: Competitive + Benefits
Applications Window: 19/04/18 – 21/05/18
Re is looking for a Development Management Planner join our policy team based in Barnet, London.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required:
* Degree in Planning related subject (essential).
* Full UK driving licence (essential).
* Excellent technical knowledge of the English Town Planning system (essential).
* Demonstration of understanding of administrative processes relating to the processing of planning applications and pre-applications (essential).
* Assertive and confident to be able to negotiate with stakeholders and communicate clear advice on proposals (desirable).
* Previous practical experience of supporting pre-application and fast track services (desirable).
* Previous practical experience of delivering and supporting Planning Performance Agreements (desirable).
As a Planner, you will process and assess planning applications of all types. The post holder will be expected to carry out site visits and manage a large workload meeting challenging targets. The role will be based at our offices in Whetstone, or our new offices in Colindale, Barnet but there will be times when it is expected for the post holder to travel outside of the Borough to deliver consultancy services on behalf of Regional Enterprise.
* Carry out a broad range of development management work including validating applications, processing applications, appeals, trees, enforcement, planning policy and project work.
* Attend pre-application meetings as the lead planning officer.
* Process fast-track applications.
* Register and administer and process prior notification applications if required.
* Assist the planning unit in the organisation and running of planning committees.
* Provide advice in person, on the telephone and in writing to all clients and other users of the service including applicants, agents, members and the general public.
* Provide excellent customer service to all clients and to help build good relationships with them through the production of high-quality work and by acting in a professional manner.
* Identify potential opportunities to improve service provision and efficiency.
* Deal with customer contact and respond to complaints, logging on the appropriate system.
* Assist in the training of Planning Assistants and Technicians.
* Support associated services such as Building Control to meet business demand.
Planning & Development Management | Strategic Planning
Barnet is the seventh busiest Local Planning Authority (LPA) in England. Together Re and Barnet Council are working in partnership to deliver all planning functions, focussing on streamlining processes and providing investment to deliver better outcomes. Every year, we process over 8,000 planning applications, investigate over 1,600 potential breaches of planning services and serve in excess of 100 enforcement notices.
Our planners manage a varied workload; one-third of Barnet is protected by Green Belt, there are 16 Conservation Areas, 2,155 Listed Buildings and a number of significant regeneration projects taking place. Barnet is the first LPA to test, develop and adopt a comprehensive service to fast-track the administration and processing of planning applications. In addition, we provide top-up services and resilience support to other LPAs and offer Planning Consultancy Services across London and the South of England. Barnet is a vibrant, exciting and fast-paced environment. It is definitely not a sleepy council.
About Regional Enterprise: Re (Regional Enterprise Ltd) is a joint venture between Barnet Council and Capita. Re runs the Council’s development and regulatory services including strategic planning, development management and regeneration services. Re will deliver growth in the Borough and develop a new and exciting consultancy business, which will supplement the core activities. Re-aim to build better services, provide value for money, support the local economy and make Barnet an even better place to live and work.
What we hope you will do next - Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver